Marketing / Communications & Content Lead
Capital Concerts, Inc.Washington, DC
Full Time Job
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Marketing/Communications and Content Lead reports directly to the shows' Producer, works on a small full-time team and acts as the point of contact for all departments and contractors creating marketing/digital content for Capital Concerts. Ultimately, the role is to develop and implement strategy and steward the execution of all marketing and digital content initiatives. This role is ideal for a creative, versatile and flexible marketing/communications professional who is equally comfortable working with a team to craft a campaign as well as sharing those initiatives with principals, celebrities and stakeholders. The right professional will embrace working in a mission-based environment as a driven self-starter with a passion for telling stories collaboratively.
The Marketing Lead is responsible for building positive and consistent branding through the development, implementation and management of communications strategy. They work with the internal producing team, public relations group, station relations firm, digital marketing lead and creative services agencies and manage all vendors and freelance staff working on social, digital and PR content creation. The Marketing Lead is on the team that manages relationships with sponsors and stakeholders, is involved in community relations, is both strategic and responsive in amplifying show content, provides the marketing and PR perspective to the company at large and, with assistance, tracks billing and schedules associated with content strategy execution. To be successful in this role, the Lead should be able to turn creative ideas into effective communication and advertising projects. Ultimately, the Lead will help the company build and maintain a strong and consistent brand through a wide range of online and offline marketing channels.
• Produce engaging content for digital/social/website that attracts and converts our target groups to engaged viewers and visitors
• Help develop partnerships and distribution strategies that maximize reach across platforms
• Investigate and employ a variety of organic and paid strategies through content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, and performance analysis
• Collaborate with internal teams and communicate updates to all show producers
• Lead efforts with external agencies and freelancers creating content for promotional campaigns
• Maintain production schedules and content delivery targets
• Manage professional social media accounts and websites for all shows
• Track and review analytics for year-round social and digital campaigns
• Liaise with Marketing/Communications Advisory Board
• Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors
• Write departmental reports for funding contracts
• Work within the approved marketing budget and allocate funds wisely
• Oversee and approve marketing material, from website banners to hard copy brochures and case studies.
• Measures and reports on the performance of marketing campaigns, gains insight and assesses against goals.
The Marketing Manager should have:
• Bachelor's Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in marketing, social media or advertising
• Proven editorial skills; must be able to evaluate a compelling story for marketing promotion
• Strong social media skills and ability to navigate this delicate subject matter through a nonpartisan lens
• Proven track record of significant social media presence (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Sprout Social or other social media management technology)
• Proven experience in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising and leading multi- platform marketing campaigns that engage, educate and motivate
• Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
• Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
• A sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and effective communication
• Strong writing skills in a variety of styles
• Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
• Ability to work independently, with consultants, temporary staff and interns
• Experience working within the broadcast and/or non-profit industry a plus
• Relationships and experience working with military communities a plus
• Proficiency with editing and design software is a plus (Adobe Premiere, Photoshop/Illustrator)
Capital Concerts provides excellent health, retirement and other benefits which will be discussed during the interview process.
Capital Concerts, Inc. is a non-profit that produces nationally broadcast, story and mission-based entertainment content for public television. This includes PBS's highest-rated performance specials, the National Memorial Day Concert and A Capitol Fourth - the premier celebrations of America's patriotic holidays broadcast live and annually from the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C. For 40 years, these award-winning productions have become nationwide traditions, bringing Americans from all walks of life together to honor our strengths, freedoms and democratic ideals and to pay tribute to those who have sacrificed so much for our country.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online