Cal PerformancesBerkeley, CA
Full Time Job
Cal Performances is seeking an Assistant Electrician.
Cal Performances is the performing arts presenting, commissioning and producing organization based at the University of California, Berkeley. The mission of Cal Performances is to produce and present performances of the highest artistic quality, enhanced by programs that explore compelling intersections of education and the performing arts. Cal Performances fulfills this mission by presenting, producing, and commissioning outstanding artists, both renowned and emerging, to serve the University and the broader public through performances and education and community programs.
The Assistant Electrician is responsible for supporting the Master Electrician in the implementation of all technical related elements for events in Cal Performances venues (including Zellerbach Hall, Zellerbach Playhouse, Wheeler Auditorium, certain performances at Hertz Hall, the Greek Theatre and other off-campus venues), with specific attention to light board operations, programming and rigging. Duties include, but are not limited to: the safe installation, use, inventory and repair of theatrical equipment, training and development, vendor coordination, and equipment and facilities maintenance.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in technical theatre and event production.
- Extensive experience with networked entertainment power distributions systems for performing arts (theatre, dance and music), presentations, conferences, broadcasts and webcasts.
- Extensive experience with lighting console programming and multi-parameter fixture control.
- A working knowledge of electrical theory, current standards and practices with the ability to apply this knowledge in safe work habits
- Experience with sound reinforcement, video systems, stage carpentry and rigging.
- Strong leadership skills overseeing union, non-union, and student crews
- Positive, approachable attitude; open mindedness and objectivity, and is willing to collaborate.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to successfully interact with a diverse constituency and ability to work with people with varied skill levels.
- Strong service skills with a professional manner in order to successfully build and maintain positive relations and provide quality service with internal and external clients.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to independently follow through to successful completion of projects.
- Able to multi-task and distribute efforts appropriately among tasks, manage competing deadlines, handle frequent interruptions and maintain a high level of productivity.
- Able to quickly and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities in a calm and professional manner.
- Able to work under pressure of deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent computer skills with both industry related software and standard office
- Able to work long hours, overtime, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to move items weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work at heights, around moving machinery, and with exposure to noise, vibration, dust, and drafts.
- Appreciation for a wide variety of performing arts including; dance, music, and theater.
- ETCP Entertainment Electrician certification, or willingness to achieve this certification when appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in relevant discipline
Please visit Jobs Berkeley website and search by Job ID 25274 for full details about the position.