Assistant Talent Buyer
Cafe Wha / The Groove NYCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• 1 year office administrative experience a must
• Proven interest in live music( funk, jazz, soul, blues, groove, r&b a plus).
• Well versed in the NYC music scene
• Well organized, process driven and detail oriented
• Strong communication and phone skills
• Comfortable working to strict deadlines and solving problems under pressure
• Able to wear many hats and take on varied tasks and projects
• Strong computer skills: Google, MS Suite, Photoshop
• Knowledge/experience with search engine marketing and email/social marketing
• College degree preferred
• Assist the talent buyer in all aspects of booking and production.
• Manage e-mails and phone calls for company.
• Booking reservations for shows and multiple venues.
• Maintain artist lineups on the website
• Research and suggest artists for shows
• Maintain event information on the website, and all social media.
• Assist in maintaining an up to date back-end calendar
Based on experience
New York City's Greenwich Village is absolutely teeming with folk and rock history. And one of the area's more obscure, basement-level clubs, Cafe Wha?-which still sits off of MacDougal Street-is a hole in the wall with a whole lot of history.
Among the legends who graced its tiny stage are folk hero Bob Dylan; the pride of New Jersey, Bruce Springsteen; and psychedelic axeman, Jimi Hendrix.
The Groove is the ONLY place in New York City to hear live FUNK, SOUL, and R&B music 7 nights a week! ... Groove is a cross between and neighborhood bar, with regulars who know your name, and a live music venue.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online