TV News - Assistant
CAANew York, NY
Full Time Job
Who we are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA), is the world's leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content. We also provide a range of strategic and marketing consulting services to corporate clients.
CAA is seeking an assistant to support our non-scripted television department representing TV news broadcasters. This person will assist a NY-based agent as an administrative assistant for the News department. This person will assist in maintaining client relationships, helping clients find new opportunities, and pursuing new clients.
• Provide administrative support, including heavy phones, coordinating meetings, schedules and travel, preparing expense reports
• Serve as first point of contact with clients and executives
• Assist with special projects, research, and compiling information as needed
• Track clients and breaking news stories
• Aid in contract negotiations and review contracts for legal precedent
• Keep and update detailed records of correspondence with clients and executives
• Monitor the news, media trends, and available media opportunities (including opportunities across the agency) for the group
• Compile various news and media sources for distribution in daily newsletters
• Use information from Nielsen spreadsheets to summarize broadcast and cable ratings
• Maintain and update department calendars with news related events that pertain to our clients
• Capture and disseminate meeting minutes from staff related meetings for agents/executives that cannot attend
• Manage client invoicing and accounting
• Assist in new client discovery, pursuit, and signing
• Prepare pitch materials for clients and assist in sending submissions
• Maintain database of broadcasters and their affiliated shows along with their movement from season to season
• Prepare for and attend industry events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to balance reporting to multiple people with different and sometimes conflicting needs
• Content/ Media Curation and Dissemination (Getting articles, clips, news updates etc. selectively)
• News Aggregation
• Social Media
• Data Tracking and Sourcing
• Broadcast Knowledge
• Servicing across the agency / identifying crossover opportunities for clients in publishing, speaking, audio, un/scripted, foundation
• Detail-oriented and extremely organized
• Proactive and can-do attitude
• On-site in New York, NY
• The base hourly rate for this position is $22.00. This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, wages may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Please provide complete and legible information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for employment.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, an employee's or their dependent's reproductive health decision making (e.g., the decision to use or access a particular drug, device or medical service), or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.