TV Business Affairs - Assistant
CAALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/16/2023 10:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for TV Business Affairs - Assistant jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all TV Business Affairs - Assistant postings
Full Time Job
We are currently seeking an Assistant to support an Executive in the Television Business Affairs department. The position offers an opportunity to learn about business affairs, work with industry executives and lawyers, and gain exposure to entertainment law. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, who is curious about the business and legal aspects of the entertainment industry.
• Efficiently support an executive responsible for negotiating deals for writing, directing, acting and producing clients in scripted television.
• General clerical and administrative duties including letter drafting, filing, handling phones, managing calendars, scheduling, expenses, and office management.
• Editing, proofreading, summarizing and redlining agreements and correspondence under the supervision of the executive.
• Depending on skill, educational level, and motivation to learn, assistant will gain experience drafting and commenting on agreements.
• Maintain an awareness of the executive's obligations in order to proactively assist and/or anticipate needs.
• Serve as first point of contact with clients, Agents and Executives.
• Track current and potential clients.
• Assist with special projects, research, and compiling information as needed.
• 10 + months of Administrative Assistant experience in an agency, studio, and/or talent management setting preferred. Interest in pursuing a career in entertainment law preferred.
• Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines; manage multiple projects and expectations; and maintain a sharp focus while managing competing priorities.
• Attention to detail and strong organization skills are a must.
• Strong interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with employees at all levels.
• Adept at quickly learning new processes, technology, and ability to assimilate oneself and become familiar with existing systems.
• Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite.
• Familiarity with film, television or other entertainment contracts is preferred, but not required.
• Bachelor's degree is preferred. JD is preferred.
On-Site in Los Angeles, CA, United States
The base hourly rate for this position is in the range of $20.00-22.00. This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, wages may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Please provide complete and legible information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for employment.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally - recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.