Television - Executive, Business Affairs
CAANew York, NY
Full Time Job
Television - Executive, Business Affairs (Broadcast News)
CAA's Broadcasting department creates global opportunities for the world's leading talent within the broadcasting space. CAA works closely with established cable and broadcasting networks, digital-first media companies, and more to negotiate employment contracts.
CAA is seeking a Business Affairs Executive in our News department to be located in our New York office.?The department has an extensive portfolio of clients that are reshaping nonfiction storytelling for the 21st century. The position will focus on supporting our News agents in deal-making for our clients, partnering with our agents to create, negotiate and paper deals with broadcasters and networks. We are seeking candidates with experience in entertainment business affairs and has a strong understanding of, and an enthusiasm for, the fast-paced news business.
• Participate in, and in select cases lead, the deal-making process with News Agents across the department, including identifying and tracking precedent, strategizing and drafting counters, engaging in negotiation with third parties, and researching and implementing best practices in the financing and distribution space.
• Provide thoughtful guidance to News Agents on business strategy for transactions of varying complexity.
• Articulate sophisticated legal concepts and interpretations to colleagues and clients with limited legal knowledge.
• Lead and mentor News support staff.
• Foster trusted and positive long-term relationships with colleagues and clients.
• Maintain sound judgment in ambiguous situations.
• Provide high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment to meet the demands of the organization.
• Carry out legal research and monitor legal developments.
• Assist in further implementation of effective contract administration and document management processes.
• Anticipate and identify potential legal problems and assist in developing strategies to avoid litigation and reduce potential areas of risk. -
• BA/BS from an accredited University or College preferred
• JD from an accredited law school with admission to the New York Bar or 10+ years of transactional legal/business affairs experience
• 15+ years of professional working experience at a network, law firm in relevant practice, or an agency
• Understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality
• Ability to anticipate needs and execute time-sensitive matters in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multitask and prioritize efficiently
• Ability to be flexible with work hours
• Strong interpersonal skills; written and verbal
• Strong attention to detail
• Must be solutions-oriented
• Must be able to thrive in team-oriented and autonomous working environments
• Computer literate (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel)
• This role will be based out of our New York City office Monday - Thursday, with the flexibility to work remotely Monday & Friday
The annual base salary for this position is in the range of $200,000 - $250,000. This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, an employee's or their dependent's reproductive health decision making (e.g., the decision to use or access a particular drug, device or medical service), or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.