Summer Intern - Brand Studio, Graphic Design
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Summer 2022 Internship - Brand Studio, Graphic Design
The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities.
Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
We Believe Brands are Values in Motion. We are a 360º branding agency born out of CAA. We work with iconic talent and iconic brands to bring exciting concepts to market. We leverage opportunities to grow our client's businesses by designing new brand concepts. Whether it's spearheading a cultural initiative through a compelling call to action or realizing a client's business objectives through brand positioning and IP creation, our studio crafts branded narratives that unlock communities and place discovery and affinity at the core.
CAA's Brand Studio is looking for a Graphic Design Intern to work closely with a Lead Designer to assist with incoming and current client projects. One such project will be to assist with the rebrand of a large public organization, which will require an overhaul of all internal and external materials.
Additionally, the Graphic Design Intern will have a hands on role in the development digital media campaigns and the creation of assets for social media distribution. Further, there may be an opportunity to create designs that align with brands for physical ''swag''.
The necessary traits to be successful in this role are purpose-driven, optimistic, proactive, attention to detail and a passion to understand culturally relevant design. The ideal Intern needs to be comfortable wearing many hats, client services oriented, team player and thrive in an innovative design environment.
Intern tasks vary by each cycle and year.
• Applicants must have a graduation date of December 2022 – June 2023.
• Must provide a portfolio featuring graphic design skills to be considered.
• Familiarity with creating digital assets, graphics and videos for social media platforms, specifically Instagram, Tik Tok, Twitter and Pinterest.
• Strong social media video editing skills.
• Must be proficient in Adobe Suite Programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
• Must possess strong organizational and communication skills.
• Must possess the ability to pay close attention to detail and accuracy.
• Must have ability to meet deadlines, and be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Provide administrative duties including research, deck creation and general office support tasks.
• Proficiency across the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft Teams and Keynote.
• Team oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment; Ability to organize and own workflow and collaborate to maintain best practices throughout the creative development process.
• Strong copywriting skills.