Strategic Development - Executive Counsel, Web3 and Metaverse Legal and Business Affairs
CAALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/10/2023 3:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Strategic Development - Executive Counsel, Web3 and Metaverse Legal and Business Affairs jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Strategic Development - Executive Counsel, Web3 and Metaverse Legal and Business Affairs postings
Full Time Job
Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
Business Affairs Role:
• Manages legal business matters pertaining to the Web3 + Metaverse organization
• Reviews and negotiates agreements for traditional (entertainment, music, sports) clients and web3-endemic clients
• Review and negotiate agreements for NFT, web3, Metaverse deals
• Provides legal counsel and guidance to agents, clients, managers and other reps for NFT, web3, crypto, Metaverse matters
• Develop strong relationships with, and earns the confidence of, agents, managers, attorneys, as well as business affairs executives at ''buyer'' companies
• Shows initiative in staying current with the rapidly changing business environment and new platforms/technology/buyers
• Demonstrates he/she is a committed team player and eagerly shares information and insights with the rest of the group
• Anticipate and identify potential legal problems arising from Web3 and assist in developing strategies to avoid litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
• Partner with Chief Legal Officer and legal team in addressing emerging IP and legal standards issues as they relate to web3
and experience required:
• Strong academic background from top-tier law school and undergraduate institution preferred.
• 5+ years of legal experience; 3+ years of Web3NFT/blockchain experience.
• Authorized to work in the United States; Admitted to the California Bar.
• Experience at top law firm and/or in-house legal department in [IP, blockchain] law and related transactions.
• Entertainment industry-specific experience preferred.
• Excellent communication (written and oral), drafting and negotiation skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing business requirements.
• Ability to provide high-quality work product in a timely manner to meet demands of the organization and to effectively and efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Upbeat temperament, dynamic personality and highly team-oriented approach to work.
• Demonstrates experience and competence in a wide variety of IP, media + entertainment transactional matters and how Web3 plays into each of these areas.
• Strong work ethic.
• Strong attention to detail, organization and best practices.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat.
This role will be based in the Los Angeles office.
C ompensation: The annual base salary for this position is in the range of $200,000-$250,000. This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally - recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.