Strategic Development - Associate
CAALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/5/2023 1:36:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Strategic Development - Associate jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Strategic Development - Associate postings
Full Time Job
CAA is seeking an Associate based in Los Angeles for a unique and highly visible position at the c ompany , focused on identifying and evaluating areas of growth and diversification for CAA. The candidate will join a nimble group of professionals with backgrounds in media & technology, growth strategy and innovation, management consulting , investment banking , and private equity , who serve as in-house advisors to CAA's executive leadership. The candidate will be responsible for identifying high-potential opportunities based on signals (''what is trending'') and theses ('' how will these trends impact our business'' ).
The candidate will primarily focus on projects related to emerging technologies ( e.g. Generative AI, web3, blockchain) and their impact on the media and entertainment industry. The ideal candidate will excel at analyzing industries and businesses , developing strategic frameworks, analyzing data, building relationships, and executing projects.
• Perform industry, market, and company-specific research and analysis; assess industry trends, market size and structure, industry M&A activity, and competitive landscape
• Formulate hypotheses and evolve perspectives on growth opportunities based on shifts in the technology landscape
• Develop a deep understanding of and be a company-wide thought-leader on emerging technologies and their impact on the entertainment landscape
• Analyze large amounts of information and data quickly and effectively to reduce complexity and make actionable recommendations
• Maintain and evolve a robust pipeline of potential partners and areas of growth in emerging tech verticals
• Conduct ad hoc analyses and presentations for senior leadership
• Perform other critical tasks as directed
• Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university preferred
• 2+ years of work experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, or similar roles
• Direct experience at the intersection of technology and media, entertainment, and/or sports is highly preferred
• Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
• Independent thinker with a point of view on the risks and rewards of new growth opportunities and strategic initiatives
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail in all deliverables
• Strong work ethic with a high level of responsiveness
• Ability to manage deadlines with a high level of responsibility and autonomy
This role is based out of the Los Angeles office; Hybrid.
Compensation: The annual base salary for this position is in the range of $90,000 -$115,000. This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, an employee's or their dependent's reproductive health decision making (e.g., the decision to use or access a particular drug, device or medical service), or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.