Strategic Communications Specialist
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
The Strategic Communications Specialist will support the Corporate Communications team, generally, and have specific focus on external and internal communications for the agency's Music, Digital Media/Talent, DEI, Foundation, Theatre, and Games areas, among others.
This role is ideal for someone highly driven to provide exceptional support to clients, colleagues, and business partners.
The Corporate Communications department manages global external communications on behalf of CAA, including media relations, speaking engagements, advertising, social media, and events. In addition, the department manages internal communications worldwide, including company announcements and meetings. The department also includes a Digital Marketing team, overseeing CAA's social media and web presence; an Events Team; and a Creative Services team of video editors/producers, and graphic designers.
• Strategize, write, and edit internal and external communications
• Conduct research to support communications planning and strategy
• Earn media coverage of relevant CAA news
• Manage editorial and speaking opportunity calendars to secure relevant opportunities for CAA
• Manage the internal flow of key information
• Support the team in creating the best opportunities and outcomes for CAA, its clients, and employees
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, PR or related field preferred
• 3+ years of experience in a communications role
• Organizes and prioritizes well, has a high sense of urgency, and meets deadlines
• Pays meticulous attention to detail
• Exhibits strong writing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
• Consistently demonstrates professionalism, maturity, integrity, and inclusiveness
• Anticipates needs and is flexible in adapting to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Maintains a highly committed work ethic and drive to succeed in a service organization
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.