Strategic Communications Executive
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Strategic Communications Executive - Global Inclusion Strategy, Social Responsibility, Culture
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world's leading entertainment and sports agency, representing many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, theatre, video games, sports, fashion, books and digital content, and provides a range of strategic marketing and consulting services to corporate clients. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration, inclusivity and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse global workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world.
The Strategic Communications executive will play the lead role in creating and implementing external and internal communications strategies connected to:
• Global Inclusion Strategy – Tell the story internally and externally of CAA's efforts, successes, and initiatives in ensuring an inclusive, equitable and diverse workplace and industry.
• Social Responsibility – Ensure consistent, clear and frequent internal and external communications about CAA's robust and ongoing efforts related to the CAA Foundation, the company's philanthropic arm dedicated to bringing action-oriented programs and resources to local and global communities.
• Culture – Create compelling internal communications that highlight the many benefits, opportunities and resources for employees across the global company, and help shape the company's recruiting materials to best express CAA's professional opportunities, cultural priorities, and overall inclusion commitment.
The candidate will always operate with integrity, inclusiveness, discretion, and purpose.
The Corporate Communications department manages global external communications on behalf of CAA, including media relations, speaking engagements, advertising, social media, and events. In addition, the department manages internal communications worldwide, including company announcements and meetings. The department also includes a Digital Marketing team, overseeing CAA's social media and web presence; and a Creative Services team of video editors and graphic designers.
The Human Resources department builds and fosters a highly productive, engaged and integrated global workforce, prioritizing opportunity, inclusivity and collaboration. The team provides cutting-edge benefits, resources and support to employees, and actively recruits the very best candidates to join CAA.
• Partner with relevant department leaders to understand their strategic objectives
• Develop communications plans that align with and help deliver on these objectives
• Inform global inclusion communication strategy to embed and articulate commitment internally and externally
• Create clear and consistent messaging for external and/or internal delivery across myriad platforms and outlets
• Strategically secure high-impact press coverage of relevant CAA news, initiatives, events, employees, and successes
• Develop and foster relationships with key reporters and editors to help achieve strategic objectives
• Prepare spokespeople for interviews and secure targeted speaking engagements
• Manage time-sensitive news stories, topics, and events
• Write and edit press releases, story pitches, internal communications, and other materials
• Work collaboratively with Corporate Communications' Social Media team, and other Strategic Communications executives on relevant external campaigns
• Consistently develop new ideas that drive internal and/or external awareness of and appreciation for CAA's Global Inclusion, Social Responsibility, and employee engagement efforts
• Steer comprehensive information-gathering process across relevant areas
• Provide direction and feedback to assistants and other staff
• Be knowledgeable about current diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism initiatives and efforts to inform communication strategy
• Contribute to key communications deliverables, including reports and white papers
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
• Senior level experience in communications (must include significant media relations and internal communications experience)
• Entertainment and/or diversity/equity/inclusion communications experience strongly preferred; service business experience a plus
• Synthesizes information from business units or clients to develop and execute successful communication strategies
• Manages multiple demanding tasks while maintaining exceptional attention to detail
• Quickly grasps new concepts and is agile in working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
• Exhibits a proactive, service-oriented and collaborative approach to identifying, creating and responding to opportunities
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and judgement, and builds relationships and trust at all levels of the organization
• Excellent verbal and writing/editing skills
CAA provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CAA will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform their essential functions unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to the Company. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination of employment, and access to benefits and training.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.