Strategic Communications Director - CAA Sports
This was removed by the employer on 9/29/2023 5:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Strategic Communications Director - CAA Sports jobs in London-UK
Search all Strategic Communications Director - CAA Sports postings
Full Time Job
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organisations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations.
Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for nine consecutive years, CAA represents more than 3,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, and soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, executive search, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
CAA's Corporate Communications department manages global external communications on behalf of all CAA divisions, executing media relations, speaking engagements, advertising, social media, web strategy, events, marketing, and more. In addition, the department manages internal communications and creative services worldwide, including companywide announcements, meetings, and design and video services.
The Strategic Communications Director will play a key role in creating and implementing external and internal communications strategies on behalf of CAA's sports business across all regions outside of North America. Additionally, they will advise on media relations for agency clients, as needed. The Strategic Communications Director will report to the Global Head of Sports Communications.
to include but not limited to:
• Partner with business leaders to understand their strategic objectives and create communications plans that align with and help deliver on these objectives.
• Execute communication plans, developing messaging and securing high-impact coverage in relevant media outlets.
• Create and manage profiles of key business leaders, including Executives and Agents.
• Develop and foster relationships with key reporters.
• Manage time-sensitive news stories.
• Secure meaningful speaking opportunities and prepare Executives.
• Write and edit communications materials.
• Relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical work experience.
• Solid experience in sports-related corporate communications (must include significant media relations experience, and ideally including internal communications and crisis communications).
• Service-business experience preferred.
• Exhibits a proactive, service-oriented and collaborative approach to identifying, creating and responding to opportunities.
• Synthesises information from business units and clients to develop and execute successful communications strategies.
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and judgment, and builds relationships and trust at all levels of the organisation.
• Manages multiple demanding tasks while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
• Quickly grasps new concepts and is agile in working across diverse lines of business in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
• Excellent verbal and writing/editing skills.
• Always operates with integrity, inclusiveness, and purpose.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.