CAALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/28/2022 3:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Search for Sr. Associate jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Sr. Associate postings
Full Time Job
Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
Evolution Media Capital (EMC) is a highly focused media and entertainment advisory firm and investment bank and an affiliate of Creative Artists Agency (CAA). Evolution Media Capital has advised on over $60 billion in transactions since 2008 focused on the sports, media, technology, and entertainment sectors.
Our domain expertise and deep industry relationships have enabled us to build a strong track record of successful results for our clients, which include production companies, independent studios, video game developers, sports teams and leagues (and owners), as well as financial investors and high net worth individuals.
Summary of Position
Evolution Media Capital is seeking an Associate or Senior Associate to join Evolution Media Capital's advisory team in its Los Angeles, CA office. This division is primarily focused on providing traditional investment banking and strategic advisory services to maximize growth and expansion for its clients.
Our environment is collaborative, demanding, fast-paced and entrepreneurial. EMC encourages its people to take on increasing levels of responsibility commensurate with their abilities and team members will develop significant client access and deal experience earlier than at larger, more structured advisory firms.
An Associate/Senior Associate at Evolution Media Capital is an experienced professional able to serve as core team member on client engagements. Given the firm's lean structure, the Associate/Senior Associate will take an active role in supporting our deal teams while performing many tasks independently.
Work may include, but is not limited to:
• Preparation of presentation books, management presentations, board materials, and memorandums for clients, proposals, and live transactions
• Develop target lists for potential buyers, investors and strategic partners
• Conduct in-depth industry research and prepare analyses of relevant companies, industries, and transactions
• Detailed valuation analysis, including DCF, trading comparables and transaction comparables
• Provide transaction support to senior bankers and assist in the development and management of client relationships
• Help manage day-to-day deal execution, interacting with senior deal team members, client management teams, transaction counterparties and other advisors
• Attend and participate in client meetings and contribute to building, maintaining and strengthening client relationships throughout the life of a transaction and beyond
• Be a hands-on and pro-active team member working in a lean, collaborative environment
Experience and Education
• 3 or more years of professional work experience at an investment bank or in a corporate strategy or business development role at a large media company
• Bachelor's Degree minimum
• Strong analytical, quantitative, research and organizational skills
• Excellent technology skills with superior Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to quickly learn new software applications
• Highly proficient in financial statement analysis and financial modeling and a thorough understanding of valuation techniques
• Composure and confidence to work on several projects simultaneously and manage multiple priorities
• Ability to comfortably interact with clients in a professional and mature manner
• High degree of attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner against strict deadlines
• Ability to thrive in a boutique/smaller sized firm, where you will be wearing many different hats and have a lot of exposure both internally and externally
• Resourceful self-starter with outstanding work ethic and able to work autonomously and as team player
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to manage junior staff
• Ability to travel to U.S. and international client base on an as-needed basis
• Series 79 & 63 licenses required (or willingness to pass the exams very shortly after starting)
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.