Sr. Associate, Agency Operations
CAANew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/27/2023 10:38:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Sr. Associate, Agency Operations jobs in New York-NY
Search all Sr. Associate, Agency Operations postings
Full Time Job
Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
About the Group
CAA's Agency Operations team partners with Department Business Leadership across Motion Picture, Television, Music, Publishing, Brand Sponsorships, Commercial Endorsements, Speakers, Podcasts, Theatre and Gaming to help drive the business and achieve operational objectives. The Agency Operations team goal is to more effectively and efficiently (1) communicate the goals and priorities of the agency to Departmental leadership, (2) monitor and help drive business results and (3) uncover new growth opportunities and potential areas of exposure.
The Sr. Associate will be responsible for assisting Agency Operations Leadership with monthly reporting, operational finance initiatives and project management across CAA. Among other things, this role will be focused on creating a monthly operational and financial dashboard for business leaders, ad-hoc profitability analysis, evaluation of new business initiatives, analysis for process and workflow improvements, and other ad hoc analysis as needed. This role should aspire to be a thought leader and to ideate and help drive innovative ways to improve the business. The Sr. Associate will work closely with Agency Operations Leadership and with key contacts within their designated Divisions. This role will predominately focus on Publishing/Intellectual Property Rights, Brands, and other growing areas of the business but the focus areas may change over time.
The Sr. Associate's primary responsibilities include the following:
• Reporting – Driving the creation and updating of a finance and operations reporting packages for department heads
• Assist in the preparation of reporting packages through research and analysis by synthesizing data and information from various systems and sources
• Create and maintain management dashboards and reports to provide end user insights that will drive positive outcomes for business growth, processes, and profitability
• Track financial metrics to spot trends and communicate performance to Management
• Stay abreast of client trends and activity related to projects, contracts, endorsements, and business initiatives
• Operational Finance – Varied ad-hoc analysis as it relates to resource allocation, new business initiatives, royalty processing and expense management
• Provide high-quality ad hoc analysis for Agency Operations Leadership as requested
• Become a go-to financial and operational resource for Agency Operations Leadership
• Build excel models and power point presentations from scratch that effectively communicate/summarize complex analysis while focusing on delivering actionable take-aways
• Apply business judgment and financial insights to assist with decision making related to new initiatives, products, and business opportunities
• Project Management – Helping manage and drive cross functional process improvements and new business initiatives
• Identify opportunities for process improvements and complete improvement projects on own initiative and/or as requested by Management
• Own projects end-to-end in coordination with other Agency Operations team members
• Cultivate relationships within Corporate and the assigned Divisions to build a robust communication network
• Leverage internal and external data and systems to develop automation of recurring analysis
• BS or BA required with a concentration in Business, Finance, Economics or other quantitative discipline preferred.
• 4+ years of Investment Banking, Consulting, FP&A, or other fields with detailed modeling experience
• Media, Sports and/or Entertainment industry experience preferred but not necessary
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Power Point required
• Attention to detail, the ability to present analysis at the executive level, strong work ethic and comfort with ambiguity
• Applicant must possess exceptional time management, decision-making, critical thinking, interpersonal and strong communication skills
• Ability to be trusted with confidential information required
• Desire to be proactive, go above and beyond and have an entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to manage relationships with colleagues across different functions and levels within the organization
• This role is based out of the New York office.
Compensation: The annual base salary for this position is in the range of $115,000 - $150,000. This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, an employee's or their dependent's reproductive health decision making (e.g., the decision to use or access a particular drug, device or medical service), or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.