Sports Media Talent Sales Executive
CAANew York, NY
Full Time Job
This role is part of our Sports Media group situated within CAA Sports. The Sports Media Group works with the top sports broadcasters, insiders, writers and media properties across the media spectrum building their careers both in front of and behind the camera. This role will work across the entire portfolio of sports media clients to solicit additional revenue opportunities outside of the scope of their professional commitments.
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate an authentic passion for sports media and the business of sponsorship. You'll be working on a team of diverse skills sets, constantly soliciting and networking across the sports marketing and media landscape.
The Sports Media Marketing Executive will be responsible for supporting the Sports Media Group through revenue generating and logistical tasks – but the role will also be balanced with a strong opportunity for independent growth, mentorship and heavy involvement with individual client strategy. There will be a strong emphasis on growing your skill sets and knowledge of the traditional and digital marketing landscapes.
CAA Sports represents more than 1,700 of the world's best athletes in such sports as football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, Olympics, and action sports, in addition to on air broadcasters, coaches, and other pre-eminent personalities. Beyond on-field athlete representation, CAA provides unique opportunities for clients off-field, in areas including licensing, endorsements, speaking, philanthropy, video games, and digital.
• Generate endorsement and new revenue opportunities for CAA's Sports Media client roster
• Manage fulfillment duties for client commitments including handling a heavy meeting schedule, calendar management, scheduling travel, booking reports, finance and follow up and contract processes
• Serve as the first point of contact with clients, agents and executives
• Review contracts, track current deals and execute follow-up, as needed
• Concept and facilitate social media posts across multiple outlets to meet brand deliverables and timelines
• Collaborative and able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Minimum of 3 years of talent buying/selling experience at an agency, property and/or in a talent management setting
• Strong existing relationships with brands and marketing/sponsorship agencies
• Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines; manage multiple projects and expectations; and maintain a sharp focus while managing competing priorities
• Attention to detail, strong organization and problem solving skills are a must.
• Strong interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality
• Ability to confidently communicate and interact with employees and clients in all roles
• Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to anticipate needs and execute time-sensitive matters
• Strong organizational and communication skills; written and verbal
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.