Sports Assistant - Talent Community
Full Time Job
Sports Talent Community
SPORTS ASSISTANT (PROPERTY AND TALENT) - TALENT COMMUNITY
DEPARTMENT: SPORTS PROPERTY AND TALENT
Join the London Sports Talent Community by telling us a little more about yourself.
We are always seeking great talent, and our goal is to match them up with the right opportunities.
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organisations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations.
Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities.
Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
The CAA London office is seeking an Assistant to join their Sports Property Sales and Talent teams. In this role, you will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Sports Agents, carrying out research, preparing presentations and connecting with prospective brand partners with the ultimate aim of establishing new partnerships for our Sports Property and Talent clients (teams, leagues, governing bodies etc).
Assistants are an important part of the CAA structure, and it is hoped that the successful candidate will, in time, become an Agent within the company.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a leading, fast paced, successful and international sports and entertainment agency. You will work alongside an experienced group of sports professionals, learn how the commercial sports industry works and make a direct contribution to CAA as well as its core clients.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Uncovering, researching and contacting brands to generate new business leads.
• General market research / analysis as required on: Clients, Industries, Brands, Contacts, Territories, Legislation.
• Prospecting new and relevant business opportunities.
• Creating preparation materials for new business meetings.
• Creating new business pitch presentations.
• Creating client meeting update presentations and reports.
• General assistance to the team with ongoing projects for our broad client base.
• Day-to-day support for the team, including diary management, travel arrangements, general administrative support.
• General understanding of commercial sports industry and the nature of a talent agency.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to prioritise a busy workload.
• Ability to develop business relationships at all levels.
• Previous experience in related fields is desirable.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.