Senior Tax Director
CAALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/30/2023 4:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Search for Senior Tax Director jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Senior Tax Director postings
Full Time Job
Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
The Senior Tax Director will be responsible for all aspects of the firm's partnership taxation, including analysis of transactions relating to entity taxation, preparation of partner s' K-1's, tax estimates , projections, distributions, and partnership tax reporting . Duties are performed in collaboration with members of the Global Tax and Finance Departments , including an EMEA counterpart, and through oversight and review of outside advisors and tax return preparers. This role will report directly to the Head of Tax and will contribute at both a strategic and operational level. The Senior Tax Director will also support Member Services and maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client , member and firm matters. CAA offers a hybrid work model that requires some on-site attendance but allows the flexibility to work remotely on a regular basis.
• Maintain and implement procedures and protocols relating to partnership taxation consistent with Partnership Agreements, firm policy and business objectives.
• Key contributor and reviewer in the preparation of the Partnership Federal Form 1065 and related Schedule K-1's. Oversee distribution of tax documents to all partners.
• Assist in preparing accounting reconciliations and information gathering requisite to the preparation of Schedule K-1's.
• Participate in the preparation of individual partner estimated tax withholdings from draws and distributions.
• Preparation of the annual reconciliation of partner tax withholdings to determine true-up amounts.
• Monitor and manage partner capital accounts.
• Maintain asset register and amortization schedules. Maintain records and supporting documentation.
• Monitor and review accounting activity that directly impacts tax returns (e.g. meals and entertainment, charitable donations, etc.).
• Preparation of information needed for outside providers who prepare tax filings of other firm-managed investment partnerships and LLC's.
• Investigate, research and advise on technical tax issues as needed and remain abreast of current industry standards and tax legislation. Prepare recommendations that align with firm objectives.
• Resolve and respond to inquiries and issues regarding tax matters in a timely and effective manner.
• Collaborate with Member Services, including support and review of distribution calculations, redemptions, cap table maintenance, member communications and timely issuance of K-1's.
• Manage and advise in all mergers and acquisitions of the firm, including structuring, due diligence and contract negotiation.
• Organize and manage tax controversy, including IRS audits and inquiries from non-US tax authorities.
• Manage and assist, in cooperation with International Tax Director, Country by Country Reporting and Pillar 2.
• In collaboration with management, participate in the development of policies and procedures that result in increased staff efficiencies.
• Recommend procedures to improve effectiveness and efficiency of Partnership Taxation systems.
• Other ad hoc requests and reporting as requested by management.
• 12+ years global accounting firm experience with experience in all areas of Partnership taxation
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent with current CPA
• Outstanding analytical skills requiring an aptitude for detail, precision and logic, with comprehensive knowledge of accounting/taxation principles and practices.
• Ability to identify and analyze complex accounting/taxation issues and problems and to recommend and implement solutions.
• Proficient experience with tax software, MS office, strong MS Excel spreadsheets & modeling capability
• High degree of initiative and critical-thinking skills, along with the ability to exercise independent judgment
• Ability to communicate diplomatically and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to understand and support firm culture and goals, in order to represent the firm in a positive and professional manner.
• Masters degree in Taxation and/or CPA preferred
• Entertainment and in-house experience a plus.
• Based out of the Los Angeles office; Hybrid.
Compensation: The annual base salary for this position is in the range of $190,000 - $260,000. T his position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, an employee's or their dependent's reproductive health decision making (e.g., the decision to use or access a particular drug, device or medical service), or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.