Project Controls Manager - CAA Icon
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
A division of leading entertainment and sports agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA), CAA ICON is the world's-leading owners representative and strategic management consulting firm for public and private sports and entertainment facility owners/operators, professional franchises, and leagues. With more than 50 sports, entertainment, and public assembly projects and over 1,000 consulting engagements, CAA ICON has managed the development of many of the most successful venues around the world, spanning 11 professional sports leagues, totaling nearly $20 billion. CAA ICON offers world-class service in the areas of project management, strategic advisory, feasibility and planning, and beyond.
Reporting directly to the Project Director, you will manage the project's daily financial controls implemented by ICON. You will also monitor closely and continuously the project budget and any related element that might affect the overall projected cost.
• Focus on all aspects of cost management including tracking, forecasting, and resolving any potential scope changes, delay claims, design impacts, cash flow and payment requisitions.
• Maintain and update all aspects of the budget and cash flow template including budget transfers, client-approved adjustments, exposure logs, contingency adjustments, etc.
• Maintain and update project exposure log and incorporate and monitor other relevant cost logs from contractors and consultants.
• Obtain signatures for all budget adjustments on appropriate forms.
• Prepare a detailed cash flow analysis with regular updates. Coordinate with the client's financial department regarding the forecast of costs, including any project schedule issues or known financial issues.
• Evaluate, offer recommendations, and adjust, as necessary, all contractor payment applications (design and construction) to ensure accuracy with work-in-place, stored materials, and compliance with specified quality of materials, systems, and installations.
• Lead invoice and payment coordination with client, lenders, contractors and consultants.
• Lead monthly lender site-walks and pay app review meetings.
• Lead weekly or bi-weekly budget review meetings with client and other stakeholders.
• Assist with procurement-related functions for the project.
• Maintain and monitor a list of all contract deliverables related to all Owner/Developer held agreements.
• Maintain the necessary proof and documentation for all contracts, insurance certificates, and bonds etc. for Owner/Developer-held contracts. Review and comment regularly on the Construction Manager's Contract, Bonds and Insurance Log.
• Meet with client's accounting department to establish and understand project and client financial reporting needs. Perform monthly reconciliation with client to ensure ICON and client are on track. Correct any document and issues found.
• Monitor the procurement/purchase orders of client-furnished equipment and materials.
• Review primary project agreements (Developer/owner, development, architect, contractor, etc.) and understand the financial rules of engagement for the project.
• Review, revise and approve all monthly project invoices; including construction payment applications, soft costs and fees, FF&E, and other Owner/Developer-direct contracts.
• Analyze all change order requests to ensure entitlement, validity and accuracy and make recommendations as necessary.
• Attend all regularly scheduled meetings as determined by the Project Director/ Executive.
• Provide information and assist with the completion of ICON's monthly report.
Required Experience & Education
• 5+ years of experience in the construction or a related services industry
• Bachelor's degree (Ideally in construction, real estate & development or finance)
• Familiarity with the Construction Specifications Institute (''CSI'') Division structure, construction change orders and like documents, budget formats, and architectural/engineering plans
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to problem solve and master new concepts in a short period of time
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Exceptional Excel & MS Office skills
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.