Office Of The Chief Legal Officer - Employment Attorney
CAALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/26/2023 3:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Office Of The Chief Legal Officer - Employment Attorney jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Office Of The Chief Legal Officer - Employment Attorney postings
Full Time Job
The Office of the Chief Legal Officer at Creative Artists Agency (CAA) provides dedicated legal support in the areas of litigation, corporate transactions, compliance, advice and counseling, and governmental affairs. We support CAA's needs when it comes to commercial, talent agency and employment laws, among other legal areas.
The OCLO's employment law team plays an important part in managing the agency's compliance with all applicable employment laws, providing advice and counsel to the business, supporting workplace culture as well as diversity and inclusion efforts . The Employment Lawyer will report to the Deputy General Counsel – Litigation & Employment.
Every member of CAA's legal team is expected to be a values-driven, results-oriented leader who provides legal services with the highest level of professionalism, competence and efficacy.?
The Employment Lawyer will provide day-to-day advice and counsel to Human Resources and business leaders, draft various employment-related documents, and support other employment-law related matters , including researching and drafting policies and procedures, and drafting various types of employment-related documents. The Employment Lawyer will strategically provide efficient and high-quality service to internal and external stakeholders; implement employment law best practices in a rapidly-growing and fast paced Company; and support the business needs of the Company and its employees. The ideal candidate will have broad and deep employment law experience, both in private practice and as in-house counsel for companies with multistate and global reach.
• Provide advice and counsel on employment related matters, such as employee relations, wage and hour compliance, employee benefits, immigration compliance, employment agreements, executive compensation, workplace policies, leaves of absence and disability accommodation.
• Draft legal documents, such as employment agreements, workplace policies and procedures, and legal correspondence.
• Support human resources with respect to employee benefits, leaves of absence and disability accommodation.
• Support M&A activity, such as due diligence and workforce integration.
• Design and implement bespoke training programs, such as anti-harassment or wage/hour training.
• Conduct or advise others on the conduct of workplace investigations as needed.
• Conduct compliance audits as needed.
• Perform job duties consistent with safety, legal and regulatory requirements, as well as CAA's culture and business objectives.
• Maintain a strong moral compass and act within a defined ethical code of conduct that is in alignment with CAA's values.
• Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies.
• Identify and assess legal risks and opportunities and advise accordingly.
• Have a creative and proactive approach to solving problems.
• Independently, efficiently and quickly handle legal matters and projects ranging from basic to complex.
• Recognize when to elevate certain matters to the attention of the Chief Legal Officer.
• Supervise, manage and evaluate outside counsel on employment related matters.
• Educate business partners and stakeholders on legal matters, policies and procedures.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Perform other tasks as assigned from time to time by the Chief Legal Officer.
• Law degree from accredited U.S. university required.
• Licensed to practice law in California (and in good standing).
• At least 6 years of substantive employment law experience, including at least 1-2 years of in-house experience in the field of employment law. Entertainment experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
• Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite; in particular, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Great at multi-tasking, working well under pressure, and meeting tight deadlines.
• Collaborative and works in tandem with colleagues.
• Consultative and proactive; good business sense and a sense of urgency, honesty and fairness.
• Able to take direction and manage projects from beginning to end with a sense of follow through.
• Exceptionally detail oriented and organized.
• Excellent legal drafting skills; some transactional experience preferred.
• Self-confident and inspires confidence from business leaders.
• This role is hybrid (Monday – Thursday in office, work from home on Friday) and based in the Los Angeles office.
Compensation: The annual base salary for this position is in the range of $136,000 - $185,000. This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, an employee's or their dependent's reproductive health decision making (e.g., the decision to use or access a particular drug, device or medical service), or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with