Manager, Legal & Business Affairs
This was removed by the employer on 12/12/2022 6:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Manager, Legal & Business Affairs jobs in London-UK
Search all Manager, Legal & Business Affairs postings
Full Time Job
Manager, Legal & Business Affairs - CAA Brand Management
Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
For more than 30 years, CAA Brand Management has helped brands of all shapes and sizes show up in new consumer product categories, experiences and territories, through licensing, strategic partnerships and joint ventures. CAA Brand Management is a division of Creative Artists Agency (CAA). Together we represent many of the most successful global brands and professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content. We also provide a range of strategic and marketing consulting services to corporate clients.
CAA Brand Management is currently seeking a full-time attorney to support the Legal & Business Affairs department. The ideal candidate is a qualified lawyer with previous experience at a law firm or an in-house legal department with expertise in licensing. The role will cover a wide array of legal and business affairs support including: licensing, intellectual property matters, non-disclosure agreements, various commercial agreements and general corporate matters. Although not required, it would be beneficial for the candidate to have a background in intellectual property law. The ideal candidate must be thorough, thoughtful, detail-oriented, flexible, self-driven and collaborative and must able to prioritise and juggle multiple responsibilities among different client teams.
to include but not limited to:
• Prepare, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, including but not limited to, license agreements, representation agreements, co-marketing agreements, NDAs and releases.
• Support the group's overall goal of increasing organisational efficiency, including effective contract administration, record keeping and document management, and achievement of business objectives in a manner that minimises legal risk.
• Advise the business on a variety of legal and business issues and strategy for various commercial transactions.
• Anticipate and identify potential legal problems for the Vice President, Head of Legal & Business Affairs, CAA Brand Management, and assist in developing strategies to avoid litigation and reduce potential areas of risk.
• Collaborate and create positive long-term relationships with colleagues and clients.
• Conduct legal research and monitor legal developments.
• Other legal and business affairs tasks as may be assigned.
• Strong academic background, ideally with 3-7 years post-qualified experience.
• Law firm and/or in-house legal department experience in licensing and related transactions.
• Trademark law experience preferred.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), drafting and negotiation skills.
• Manage time effectively, multitask in fast paced environment, take instruction but also work independently to meet demands of organisation and demonstrate flexibility to support business with shifting priorities.
• Ability to provide high-quality work in a timely manner to meet demands of the organisation and to effectively and efficiently multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Highly team-oriented approach to work with a strong work ethic.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Adobe Acrobat.