Legal Assistant, Office Of The General Counsel
CAALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/17/2021 5:06:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Legal Assistant, Office Of The General Counsel jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Legal Assistant, Office Of The General Counsel postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Legal Assistant, Office Of The General Counsel?
Full Time Job
Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world's leading entertainment and sports agency, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London and Beijing. Founded in 1975, CAA represents many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content, and provides a range of strategic marketing and consulting services to corporate clients.
A Legal Assistant is sought for the office of the General Counsel. Law school grads with interest in employment law, or candidates with a paralegal certificate or paralegal background looking for exposure to employment law, are encouraged to apply.
• Be responsible for handling executive's calendar, appointment scheduling and calls
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, MS Word (e.g., redlining), Excel and Power Point, as well as Acrobat Adobe Professional
• Prepare daily To Do Lists, manage follow ups and determine which items can be handled directly by the assistant
• Draft, format, redline and edit highly confidential agreements and correspondence
• Maintain spreadsheets, charts and summaries
• Understand the workflow relationships both of the Office of the General Counsel and the agency at large
• Be familiar with basic legal concepts, like state and Federal legislation, contract law, administrative agencies, and arbitration
• Be able to use Westlaw and database searches using various search techniques
• Utilize electronic signature and calendaring applications to ensure documents are executed, distributed and renewed
• Organize and update hard copy and electronic files, ensuring all relevant documents are quickly accessible
• Coordinate travel itineraries and prepare monthly expense reports
• Occasionally assist with minimal personal tasks such as making reservations, ordering event tickets through CAA, and updating personal calendar
• In short, a proactive, meticulously organized, very detail-orientated assistant who manages the overall office for two highly busy legal executives, who is comfortable working with individuals in a variety of roles both within and outside the agency, and who can handle a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience preferred
• Experience drafting and reviewing agreements is strongly preferred
• JD or Paralegal Certificate/Legal Assistant Certificate is a plus, but not required
• Must have excellent time-management skills and be able to determine prioritization of short-term and long-term projects
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.