International Travel Manager
Full Time Job
Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
We are seeking an International Travel Manager to join the CAA Travel team. This individual will be responsible for supporting CAA's Travel Program in partnership with the domestic travel team and support all related travel activities. The Travel Manager will be required to partner closely within the various stakeholder teams to understand their unique travel needs and be able to manage the travel tools, services, partners, and resources with a strong customer experience mindset. The International Travel Manager will be dedicated to promoting & driving travel adoption internationally, sourcing small group movements as needed, and provide on-going training and support to CAA's international travelers and their assistants. They are fiscally minded and aware of cost implications of decisions. They actively review and seek opportunities for process improvements and cost savings. The role will report into to the Domestic Travel Lead with alignment to the Sourcing & Business Services office.
to include but not limited to:
• Assist international travelers with online travel booking tool implementation, administration, trouble shooting and training globally.
• Provide back up support to the domestic travel lead by approving trip proposals, managing out of policy travel requests and handling accounting/T&E questions for international travelers.
• Maintain local relationships with CAA preferred suppliers and actively pursue savings and cost reduction opportunities.
• Be the local subject matter expert with regards to CAA's T&E policies and partner with domestic travel leadership to discern what constitutes a reasonable out of policy travel request.
• Partner with domestic travel leadership to establish efficient workflows to achieve and maintain operational excellence.
• Assist with the monitoring of non-refundable ticket and credits inventory to ensure all tickets on file are exchanged in a timely manner.
• Document all Travel Department savings from various sources (TripActions, vendors, non-refundable reuse, agent assisted bookings and meetings and events).
• Manage travel related to international small meetings and events; must have strong knowledge of hotel room block, contracts cancellation, and attritions clauses as well as basic legal protections for CAA.
• Document all international meetings and events booked within Travel Department or outside while creating and maintaining annual calendar to better manage future booking needs.
• Maintain notes for all travel meetings.
• Assist travel leadership with approving and monitoring all vendor related funds and document any perks or offerings given to CAA travelers as soft savings
• Partner with travel leadership and CAA Security on duty of care, reporting (ad-hoc or ongoing).
• Assist travel leadership with all travel and vendor related meetings, events (Travel Fair) and overall vendor relations.
• Must have solid corporate travel experience at a global company, preferably entertainment/production and high touch travel program experience required.
• Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines; manage multiple projects and expectations; and maintain a sharp focus while managing competing priorities.
• Attention to detail, strong organisation and problem-solving skills are a must.
• Experience in handling hotel group contracts that includes knowledge of cancellation and attrition clauses and basic corporate legal protections.
• Strong knowledge of online book tools and website administration.
• Ability to show technical expertise in all related categories as well as regional markets.
• Strong leadership skills and confidence to manage department in absence of manager.
• Must have the ability to review and comprehend travel reporting.
• Able to function effectively as part of a loosely coupled but highly aligned team.
• Flexible, with the ability to pivot and adjust to the needs of the department.
• Excels in internal customer service.
• Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for assistance and escalate issues when needed.
• Aware that the world of Travel is not a 9-5 job and be prepared to do what it takes to complete tasks and get the job done.
• Creative and out of the boxing thinking is required, as well as a ''yes'' attitude for our employees and clients.