Insights & Analytics Research Executive
CAANew York, NY
Full Time Job
Who we are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA), is the world's leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content. We also provide a range of strategic and marketing consulting services to corporate clients.
CAA Brand Consulting is the entertainment & sports marketing agency within CAA. Our mission is to drive cultural brand relevance for our clients by tapping into CAA's connectivity to pop culture. Leveraging our deep relationships and influence with studios, networks, labels, leagues, teams, venues, events, media, and content platforms, we provide a range of strategic and marketing consulting services to corporate clients around their entertainment & sports strategies.
The CAA Brand Consulting team has an Insights and Analytics offering that works across all of our corporate clients. This role is a chance to join our Insights & Analytics team in New York, working closely with our in-house client teams to provide consultancy and research support across a variety of existing and new business projects. Our team offers a variety of research services and products to brand clients and is integral to many aspects of the Brand Consulting business. This role will collaborate significantly across teams from domestic and global offices including London, Munich, Los Angeles and Jacksonville.
• Play a key role in building the measurement and analytics function within our Brand Consulting division across domestic and global clients
• Design, implement and manage sponsorship measurement initiatives across portfolio of clients
• Leverage data to develop new insights with the goal of improving planning and campaign execution.
• Utilize third-party research tools to aggregate and analyze traditional, social and digital media data.
• Use data visualization skills and tools to analyze, package and communicate reports to key stakeholders, both internally and to external clients.
• Contribute to and run ad-hoc client analytics projects and new business proposals.
• Interact directly with clients to manage expectations and meet deadlines
• Prepare new business proposals and contribute to new business presentations
• Help develop and innovate the types of analytics tools, vendors and products for our clients
• Report and present results to internal account teams and external clients
• Bachelor's degree in relevant quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, etc.)
• Minimum 8+ years professional research and analytics experience on agency or brand side
• Market research background or professional working involvement in data and analytics.
• Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written, to communicate effectively and persuasively, including ability to present and adapt to different stakeholders
• Natural curiosity and a demonstrated ability to turn observed data into a story about what behavior is driving it
• Experience conducting primary research using variety of research methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative etc.)
• Experience using third party and syndicated media and marketing measurement tools
• Strong relationships with external data and research providers
• Experience using data visualization tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau etc.)
• Understanding of social, digital and traditional media buying a plus
• Experience with SQL, Excel, R, Python, and/or another statistical programming language a plus
• Deep understanding of sports and entertainment sponsorship measurement space
• Experience providing strategic thinking to clients, including identifying, analyzing, problem solving, and responding to opportunities and challenges with the ability to translate into practical plans of action
• Involvement in assessing sponsorship return for both B2C and B2B products and services
• Strong knowledge of industry trends and ability to innovate product and service offerings
• Previous work in social impact measurement a plus
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.