Human Resources Assistant
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
CAA is seeking a Human Resources Assistant to provide administrative support to the Human Resources department (creating exit packets, inputting HRIS transaction data, supporting onboarding activities, etc.) and one Human Resources (HR) Business Partner as they deliver human resources programs to various business groups. The role will be the first point of contact with employees and will be critical in ensuring a 'white glove' employee experience. This will be an opportunity for an individual to learn and develop human resources expertise.
• Have a service mindset while delivering a ''white glove'' employee experience. This would include conducting periodic employee check-ins and making each employee feel equally supported.
• Administratively support Human Resources department work-collation of exit packets, sending onboarding materials, personnel file maintenance, HRIS system updates, etc.
• Maintain calendars and schedule meetings for HR Business Partner supported
• Serve as first point of contact for incoming calls and questions; become familiar with employee policies and processes in order to answer 'tier 1' questions
• Support new employee onboarding/orientation sessions (validate I9 documentation, facilitate signing of company policies, etc.)
• Audit and ensure compliance for human resources polices and processes
• Provide back-up as necessary for other Human Resources Assistants on team
• Identify and provide input on ways to continually improve human resources processes
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Three (3) or more years of work experience in an administrative support function. Human resources and/or entertainment industry experience strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability of being able to be responsive and deliver results in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
• Demonstrated ability at providing a high level of customer service
• Strong attention to detail and able to prioritize well
• Able to work collaboratively and build productive relationships across levels and functions
• Demonstrated ability to develop administrative processes
• Experience with HRIS system required, experience with Workday systems a plus.
• Extremely flexible, proactive, highly organized, and ability to shift priorities, multi-task, and handle heavy work flow processing
• Strong tactical execution skills
Los Angeles, California, United States
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.