Global Safety & Security - Manager, Threat Assessment & Investigations
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, licensing, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy.? Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world.? The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations.
As part of CAA's Global Safety & Security Organization , this role will be responsible for execut ing the department's research , analysis , and investigation function related to suspicious activities, persons of interest, potential risks, and/or other unevaluated threat information. This role will directly manage our in-house case management database and records repository and conducts research into various reference archives and databases to extract information contributing to threat analysis or due diligence and background investigation research related to matters of Safety & Security . The right candidate for this role should have experience in open-source information gathering (investigative databases, public records, social media, news media , OSINT) and applying structured analytic techniques to objectively assess situations, sometimes requiring timely action. This role will also be responsible for d evelop ing a nd /or applying validated frameworks for threat triage & assessment; establishing standards for different levels of fact-finding; defining proper use of investigative techniques; developing workflows based on varying situations; making recommendations on the most appropriate techniques to accomplish objectives; and ensuring proper records management and auditing. This role will interact with all levels within the organization and should m aintain expert knowledge as a threat assessment professional.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a team player with the versatility to execute on a variety of research, investigative, and analytic tasks, large and small. The right candidate will have a passion for keeping people safe and working collaboratively with others to get the job done. This role will report to the Global Head of Safety & Security.
Investigative Research & Database Management:
• Reviewing and assessing raw/unevaluated incoming information for indicators of potential threat.
• Researching previous files for connections to new developments and updating case files.
• Performing supplemental open-source research and investigation to support accurate threat assessment.
• Keeping the organization's in-house case management system up-to-date and leveraging it to proactively monitor for potential threats.
• Maintenance and day-to-day management of investigative databases and systems.
• Performing due diligence and background research at the request of the Legal department and HR as needed and as approved.
• Implementing research and investigative solutions aligned with corporate security strategy and budget guidelines.
• Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of information sources, products and technologies.
• Implementing standards for timely and accurate threat assessment related to persons-of-interest or suspicious activities.
• Developing improvements for threat assessment protocols, workflows, and triaging methods.
• Liaising with law enforcement, consultants, peers, and threat assessment professionals.
• Acting as the primary contact for time-sensitive threat notifications and assessments.
• Escalating emergency situations or other time-sensitive threats to department and company leadership.
• 5+ relevant experience in relevant roles -- i.e. investigations, research, intelligence, analytics, security operations, etc.)
• Additional years of experience in leadership roles and with time-sensitive security situations a plus.
• Strong sense of teamwork, flexibility, and problem-solving abilities. Able to work collaboratively and build productive relationships, both external and internal - across levels and functions.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Relevant certifications or credentials (in areas such as Threat Assessment, Intelligence Analysis, and/or Investigations) preferred.
• Private sector/corporate security experience preferred.
• Position will be primarily required to be on site at the CAA office in Los Angeles, California, but will have global scope.
Compensation: The annual base salary for this position is in the range of $110,000-$140,000. This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally - recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.