Global Safety & Security - Access Control Badging / Operations Tech
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, licensing, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy.? Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world.? The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations.
As part of CAA's Global Safety & Security Organization , this role will be responsible for managing access control badging operations related to employees, contractors, vendors, visitors, and others. This position will help ensure seamless operations in onboarding new employees, decommissioning users in the access control system, ensuring accurate access control levels for all employees, and helping to maintain day - to - day operation s of all security systems through system integrators and internal resources . The role is responsible for verifying, inputting, process, printing, and maintaining all badging and access control information. Responsibilities also include generating reports from access control systems related to occupancy and access, and performing research and recommendations on access control solutions as needed. This role will also play a key role in periodic and annual system audits, and proactively support the identification and implementation of process improvements.
Serving as a front-face for the Security & Safety team, the right person for this job will be a team-player who is customer-service oriented. The person in this role will serve as a primary contact for access control system troubleshooting and other e mergency issues . This role will coordinate closely with key stakeholders from HR, IT/Tech, Facilities Operations, and building management. As needed, this position includes additional responsibilities related to video management systems and other physical security operations support at the direction of Global Safety & Security leadership. This role will report to the Director for Global Security Systems.
Access Control Badging Operations
include those such as:
• Working in one or more access control platform(s) to manage employee access.
• Issuing access control keycards.
• Onboarding, offboarding and auditing access control cards and records.
• Managing access control levels based on employee type / access needs.
• M aintenan ce and day-to-day management of physical security operations systems.
• Proactively identifying opportunities for process improvements.
Physical Security / Security Systems Support
include those such as:
• Assisting in troubleshooting and vendor management related to video management systems and alarms.
• Playing a role in overall program audits, budgeting and planning processes.
• Ac ting as the primary contact for time-sensitive needs related to access control.
• Project coordination of various security systems projects .
• Problem identification and problem solving within the security systems environment .
• Interpreting and applying policies, procedures and standards .
• Prioritizing workload and meeting deadlines .
• Escalating emergency situations or other time-sensitive issues to department leadership.
• 2+ years relevant experience and/or education in relevant roles related to operations, tech, security, etc.
• Experience (preferred) with: AMAG or other security technology hardware and software; Security camera systems and operations; Project management; Microsoft Office Suite; Crime prevention through environmental design (CPTED).
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Strong sense of teamwork, flexibility, and problem-solving skill s . Able to work collaboratively and build productive relationships, both external and internal - across levels and functions.
• Position will be primarily required to be on site at the CAA office in Los Angeles, Californi a but will have a broader scope covering multiple US office locations.
Compensation: The base hourly rate for this position is in the range of $23.00-$29.00. This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, wages may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Please provide complete and legible information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for employment.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally - recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.