Global Head Of Safety and Security
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Who we are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world's leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content. We also provide a range of strategic and marketing consulting services to corporate clients.
Lead CAA's Global Safety, Security Health, & Business Resiliency Organization. Develop a unified focus to protect CAA'S employees, property, environmental health, information, physical assets and business continuity. Act a resource for our executives, agents, employees, clients, partners and vendors to insure a secure working environment. Drive strategic technological and physical problem solving for safety and security. Subject matter leader who can proactively manage incidents, investigation and communication campaigns.
• Oversee and Manage Global Safety, Security, Business Continuity programs based on CAA's vulnerabilities.
• Global Incident Management and Security Services, includes travel security protocols.
• Emergency Preparedness & Response which includes daily onsite management across all CAA Offices.
• Establish and enforce uniform security standards and procedures across all CAA environments.
• Develop and implement operational strategy for execution of EHS programs and initiatives to ensure safety of employees
• Conduct, Pursue and Document Global Investigations.
• Audit & Compliance Investigations.
• Security Architectural Design and Program Lifecycle Management for tools, resources used by CAA.
• Create Incident Management Team and serve as the Incident Commander for CAA Incident Management Team during a major company impacted incidents.
• Build credible relationships with FBI, Overseas Security Advisory Council, Local Law Enforcement Agencies, Government Officials, Local Unions, and Politicians strengthening the integrity of CAA's response to operational issues and business continuity.
• Determine the probability of security-related incidents and threats to develop appropriate strategies consistent with sound business judgment and internal controls to prevent negative impacts on CAA Executives, Agents, Employees and Clients.
• Handle communications for consistency, effectiveness, and efficiency. Ensuring the right information is getting to the right people at the right time.
• Develop long-term strategies for safety and security programs with increased efficiencies and technological innovations. Planning and managing all activities relating to maintenance, upgrades, and improvements to physical and digital security systems.
• Develop and implement branding initiatives and Global Education and Awareness Campaigns to all levels of employees. Act as the main resource and communicator for safety and security initiatives and ongoing practices. Training employees on security and safety matters.
• Manage CAA's personnel, vendors and financial goals by developing and managing budgets, controlling and reducing costs, optimizing use of assets, tracking key performance indicators for vendors and metrics for threats and issues.
• Coordinate the organization's physical security requirements with the facility manager including immediate requirements as well as long term planning, design, and construction projects.
• Review all planning documents and construction plans and specifications for construction and renovation projects at all stages of development.
• Coordinate with the Events team for security staffing as required for after-hours events.
• Minimum eight (8) years' experience in a responsible corporate security or safety capacity. This requirement could be met with a combination of specific academic training (e.g., certificate in global terrorism, environmental health) and professional work experience.
• Strong public speaking skills with ability to command an audience
• Experience leading and educating on the importance of health and safety
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and develop solutions to complex problems
• High degree of organizational awareness and negotiating skills
• Ability to travel regularly
• Previous experience in law enforcement, fire department or military
• Previous work in the entertainment, hospitality, or with a high-net worth client base
• Bachelor's degree
• Advanced understanding of security technologies or systems (e.g., CCTV devices, access control software, intercoms, Mechanical and Electrical engineering etc.)
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.