Financial Analyst Motion Picture Business Affairs
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The world's leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency is seeking an analyst to support the Motion Pictures department and Corporate Finance and Accounting department. The position focuses primarily on content strategy and analysis.
The ideal candidate has a passion for film and television, financial models and deal structures, is a self-starter, and possesses a desire to gain exposure to the business and legal aspects of the entertainment industry (this role is not for candidates seeking the Agent career path).
• Update client financial projection models through film and TV project lifecycles
• Provide agents and finance department with client compensation reports including ultimate projections and cash flow analysis
• Review client participation statements to ensure that they are consistent with the final contracts
• Track key film and TV participation statement data and other project performance data
• Develop financial reports and perform analysis for management
• Maintain database of key talent deals, projected contingent compensation and participation statement timing
• Assist finance in the preparation of the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasts
• Stay abreast of industry trends and client activities
• At least 2+ years of financial analyst experience
• Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines; manage multiple projects and expectations; and maintain a sharp focus while managing competing priorities
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills are a must
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Understand the importance of maintaining confidentiality
• Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint expertise is a necessity
• Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite
• Adept at quickly learning new processes and technology
• Familiarity with film, television or other entertainment contracts is preferred, but not required
• A Bachelor's degree is required.