Executive - Commercial Endorsements Business Affairs
CAALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/2/2022 2:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Executive - Commercial Endorsements Business Affairs jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Executive - Commercial Endorsements Business Affairs postings
Full Time Job
Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
CAA is seeking an Executive - Commercial Endorsements Business Affairs in our Commercial Endorsements department to be located in our Los Angeles or New York office. We are looking for candidates who have experience in securing reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts with brands directly and advertising agencies. The position will focus on social media, and we are seeking candidates with social media expertise.
Commercial Endorsements department primarily focuses on connecting brands with talent in the commercial space. CAA's Commercial Endorsements department creates global opportunities for the world's leading talent within the commercial space which includes: TV commercials, print ads, digital campaigns, social media campaigns, voiceover, and other media-driven initiatives that connect our clients with brands.
• Negotiate, prepare, and review a wide range of Commercial Endorsement agreements
• Provide thoughtful guidance to Commercial Endorsement Agents and Executives on business strategy for transactions of varying complexity
• Articulate sophisticated legal concepts and interpretations to colleagues and clients with limited legal knowledge
• Participate in the deal-making process with Agents across the department, including identifying and tracking precedent, strategizing and drafting counters, and researching and implementing best practices in the financing and distribution space.
• Supervise, lead, and mentor Commercial Endorsement Business Affairs support staff
• Foster trusted and positive long-term relationships with colleagues and clients
• Maintain sound judgment in ambiguous situations
• Provide high-quality work product in a fast-paced environment to meet the demands of the organization
• Carry out legal research and monitor legal developments
• Assist in further implementation of effective contract administration and document management processes
• Anticipate and identify potential legal problems and assist in developing strategies to avoid litigation and reduce potential areas of risk
• BA/BS from an accredited University or College JD or paralegal certificate preferred *JD from an accredited law school with admission to the California Bar or 2+ years of transactional legal/business affairs experience
• 2+ years of professional working experience in negotiating and securing commercial endorsement deals
• Experienced in high net worth entertainment business development
• Experienced in social media and social media agreements
• Experienced in sophisticated entertainment contract negotiation
• Understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality is a must
• Ability to anticipate needs and execute time-sensitive matters in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to multitask and prioritize efficiently
• Ability to work well under tight deadlines
• Ability to be flexible with work hours
• Strong interpersonal skills; written and verbal
• Strong attention to detail
• Must be solutions-oriented
• Must be able to thrive in team-oriented and autonomous working environments
• Computer literate (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel)
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.