Emc - Sr. Associate
CAANew York, NY
Full Time Job
Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, licensing, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy.? Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world.? The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations.
Evolution Media Capital (EMC) is a highly focused sports, media and entertainment advisory firm and investment bank and an affiliate of Creative Artists Agency (CAA). Evolution Media Capital has advised on over $80 billion in transactions since 2008 focused on the sports, media, technology and entertainment sectors.
Our domain expertise and deep industry relationships have enabled us to build a strong track record of successful results for our clients, which include production companies, independent studios, video game developers, professional sports teams and leagues (and owners), as well as financial investors and high net worth individuals.
Evolution Media Capital is seeking a Senior Associate to join Evolution Media Capital's advisory team in its New York, NY office. This division is primarily focused on providing traditional investment banking and strategic advisory services to maximize growth and expansion for its clients.
Our environment is collaborative, demanding, fast-paced and entrepreneurial. EMC encourages its people to take on increasing levels of responsibility commensurate with their abilities and team members will develop significant client access and deal experience earlier than at larger, more structured advisory firms.
A Senior Associate at Evolution Media Capital is an experienced professional able to serve as core team member on client engagements. Given the firm's lean structure, the Senior Associate will take an active role in supporting our deal teams while performing many tasks independently.
• Preparation of presentation books, management presentations, board materials, and memorandums for clients, proposals, and live transactions
• Develop target lists for potential buyers, investors and strategic partners
• Conduct in-depth industry research and prepare analyses of relevant companies, industries, and transactions
• Detailed valuation analysis, including DCF, trading comparables and transaction comparables
• Provide transaction support to senior bankers and assist in the development and management of client relationships
• Help manage day-to-day deal execution, interacting with senior deal team members, client management teams, transaction counterparties and other advisors
• Attend and participate in client meetings and contribute to building, maintaining and strengthening client relationships throughout the life of a transaction and beyond
• Initiating and developing new client relationships with sports, media, and entertainment industry personnel
• Be a hands-on and proactive team member working in a lean, collaborative environment
• 5+ years of professional work experience at a top tier investment bank or in a corporate strategy or business development role at a large media company
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field preferred
• MBA and/or CFA a plus
• Local (or willing to relocate) to the New York, NY area
• Ability to travel to U.S. and international client base on an as-needed basis
• Series 79 & 63 licenses required (or willingness to pass the exams very shortly after starting)
• Strong analytical, quantitative, research and organizational skills
• Excellent technology skills with superior Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to quickly learn new software applications
• Highly proficient in financial statement analysis and financial modeling and a thorough understanding of valuation techniques
• Composure and confidence to work on several projects simultaneously and manage multiple priorities
• Ability to comfortably interact with clients in a professional and mature manner
• High degree of attention to detail and an ability to complete work accurately and in a timely manner against strict deadlines
• Ability to thrive in a boutique/smaller sized firm, where you will be wearing many different hats and have a lot of exposure both internally and externally
• Resourceful self-starter with outstanding work ethic and able to work autonomously and as team player
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to manage junior staff
This role will be based in the New York office, with Fridays optional remote.
Compensation: The annual base salary for this position is in the range of $130,000-$175,000. This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally - recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.