Email Design Specialist
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Leading entertainment and sports agency, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), which represents many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, theatre, video games, sports, books, and digital content, seeks a Graphic Designer for our in-house Creative Services department.
In this role, the Designer will work independently to research, design, and produce creative on a wide range of design projects including corporate announcements and messaging, html newsletters – internal and external, movie screening collateral, party and event invitations, trade ads, CAA branded materials, social media assets, and targeted pitch decks and presentations. The Graphic Designer is also a key part of the team who will design and produce monthly Agency staff meetings, yearly Retreats and special events. They also work on special projects for the Agency and our clients.
• Bachelor Degree in graphic arts, fine arts, visual arts, visual communications or a related field preferred
• 3 or more years of professional experience working in a fast-paced creative environment such as a design firm, advertising agency, digital agency, in-house creative department, and/or as a freelance designer
• Present a digital portfolio of design work showcasing impressive, original work, exceptional taste, and natural talent and imagination
• Proficiency in responsive email design for desktop, web, tablet, and mobile
• Ability to edit HTML within an email building platform (ability to code emails a major plus)
• Excellent design skills and a capacity to understand how designs translate into an effective email campaign
• Have a strong understanding of email marketing best practices and proactively recommend and implement an email creation workflow process
• Research, develop, present, and implement innovations in email design
• Work directly with Senior. Art Director and Project Manager to confirm full spectrum of requirements, milestones, timelines, and status on work requests
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and work within tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Outstanding Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign skills and an understanding of new technologies and ways to harness them for our work
• Advanced Keynote and Powerpoint skills, ability to swiftly and skillfully design high-end, branded sales pitch decks and restyle existing decks
• Working knowledge of templated design platforms (Squarespace, Wix, Wordpress, Stripo)
• Understanding of effective brand management, and ability to create and maintain branded materials that represent a company or event through the correct implementation of logos, fonts, color palettes, style guides, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale
• A positive, hard-working ''can-do'' attitude, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Passion for your craft, desire to do more and get better
• Pride in your work and the work of the team
• Desire to innovate
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.