Early Career Recruiting Assistant
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
CAA's Recruiting Team is looking for a Recruiting Assistant to join our diverse and dynamic workforce. This assistant will provide support to the recruiting team dedicated to finding the best talent to work in a variety of support and professional level functions across the business.
In addition to traditional administrative and clerical duties (i.e. answering multiple phone lines, follow up, and data tracking and entry) qualified assistants will take an active role in the recruitment process by scheduling interviews and meetings, answering applicant and candidate inquiries, utilizing the applicant tracking system to enter and track candidates, and performing any special projects as requested. The position provides an opportunity to learn about the full life cycle recruiting process within a dynamic entertainment company.
• High volume of preliminary phone screens, and scheduling of candidates.
• Heavy facilitation and coordination of the interview process via phone and in person.
• Managing call logs, messages, and communication with hiring managers.
• Heavy calendar maintenance
• Responsible for applicant management/tracking and providing support to applicants surrounding the Applicant Tracking System
• Utilize effective communication and follow-through while acting as a dependable point of contact for candidates
• Conduct reference checks for candidates as needed
• Opportunity to assume increased responsibility including posting job descriptions, applicant sourcing for open positions extending offers to candidates, and processing new hires through HRIS.
• Provide administrative support for Internship program preparation and execution.
• Assist the Recruiting team with key initiatives, ad hoc projects, and other tasks as needed.
• 10+ months of experience as an assistant or similar role
• Knowledge of Recruiting/HR strongly preferred
• Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite
• Experience with ATS/HRIS a plus
• Workday experience is a plus
• Strong customer service orientation
• Adept at quickly learning new processes and technology.
• Ability to multi-task and have strong organization and prioritization skills. Strong attention to detail.
• Extremely flexible, proactive, able to easily shift priorities, multi- task, and handle heavy work flow processing.
• Ability to succeed in a fast paced, high volume, corporate environment.
• Team player with a strong sense of urgency. Ability to interface across all levels of the organization.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical experience preferred
• Long-term interest in building a career in Recruitment.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.