E-Discovery Professional - Legal Officer
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
E-Discovery Professional - Office Of Chief Legal Officer
The e-Discovery Professional - Office of Chief Legal Officer will work with the litigation team in the office of the Chief Legal Officer. Lawyers with at least two years of professional experience working in Civil Litigation document management using e-Discovery platforms are encouraged to apply. Potential for growth within the Office of the Chief Legal Officer exists for top performers.
• Work independently to prepare and review documents through e-Discovery platforms, including performing searches in company email archives for litigation requests as well as other requests.
• Manage litigation holds within the company, including email archives, electronic files, and paper files. Prepare hold notices for custodians within the company.
• Perform duties related to law firm billing, including working with outside law firms, the IT department and internal accounting personnel.
• Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Member of the bar in good standing (in at least one state).
• One to two years of experience in civil litigation and/or litigation support (e.g. law firm, e-Discovery consulting company, or film/TV studio)
• Proficiency in Ringtail, Logikcull, or equivalent document review software is required, as well as high level of proficiency with database management, Microsoft Excel and MS Word
• Generally tech savvy with the ability to utilize various litigation software programs (please list these programs when submitting resume)
• Self-driven with the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative, team oriented environment
• Highly organized, punctual, accountable, and able to work in a creative, dynamic environment
• Must have excellent time-management skills, ability to prioritize and respond to urgent requests, and be able to maintain daily, ongoing projects as well as shorter-term projects
• Attention to detail and strong analytic skills are crucial
• High level of confidentiality and good judgment is a must
• Some experience in preparing case summaries and chronologies in early stages of litigation is preferred
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.