Director - Strategic Advisory
Full Time Job
Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
A division of Creative Artists Agency (CAA), CAA ICON is the world's-leading owner's representative and project management consultancy for the development or renovation of sports, entertainment and public assembly venues. With a portfolio of more than 55 projects and over 2,000 consulting engagements, totaling nearly £38 billion, CAA ICON has managed the delivery of many of the most successful venues around the world and are looking to add to their UK team to continue assisting our client's in delivering their vision.
The Strategic Advisory division of CAA ICON (https://www.caaicon.com/services/strategic-advisory) is seeking a well-qualified individual for the newly created position of Director, Strategic Advisory in CAA ICON's London office.
The Strategic Advisory division provides services in the following major areas: Venue Advisory; Valuation; and Transaction Due Diligence. The ideal candidate is strong in financial modeling and has the ability to generate new business while managing client relationships.
to include, but not limited to:
• Support and generate business development opportunities.
• Manage client relationships.
• Manage consulting engagements.
• Manage, oversee, and mentor consulting staff.
• Perform strategic analysis for sports industry clients.
• Complete the following analyses on stadium and arena development projects: Market/Financial
• Feasibility, Financing Plans, Negotiation Advisory/Support, Economic/Fiscal Impact Studies.
• Build professional reports to present to clients.
• Quantitative data collection and analysis.
• Due diligence for acquisitions and dispositions.
• Valuation and appraisals for sports teams, leagues, stadiums and arenas.
• Support for litigation and specialist witness testimony.
• Management/operations reviews and benchmarking.
• Research studies within the sports industry.
• Assist with other Strategic Advisory team members in business development.
• Quality control of client reports ensuring accuracy.
• Additional consulting services as needed.
• Prospective candidates must have direct project management experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Strategic Planning
• Stadium/Arena Development: Market/Financial Feasibility; Financing Plans; Negotiation Advisory/Support; Economic/Fiscal Impact Studies
• Valuations/Appraisals: Teams; Stadiums/Arenas, Leagues
• Transaction Due Diligence: Acquisition; Disposition
• Litigation Support/Expert Witness Testimony
• Management/Operations Reviews & Benchmarking
• Sports Industry Research Studies
• Other Consulting Services
• Significant experience in cash flow modeling, finance, market research, valuation, and preparation of reports/presentations, specifically in the sports industry.
• Strong background in one or more of the following areas: Sports Consulting, Sports Banking, Sports Accounting.
• Experience leading others and managing a team providing strategic advisory services to a variety of public and private sector clients.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or Sports Management or equivalent related experience.
• CPA or MBA preferred; JD helpful but not required.
• Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including the use of complex functions, various formatting techniques, database sorting/filtering, macros and overall skill when assembling, analysing and presenting data.
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Flexible and works well with others.
• Multi-tasking and the ability to problem-solve and master new concepts in a short period of time.
• This position may require long hours and weekend work on occasion.
• Regular travel required.