CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Who we are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world's leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content. We also provide a range of strategic and marketing consulting services to corporate clients.
The primary focus of this position is the support and maintenance of the Human Capital Management system (Workday HCM), in addition to other systems supported by the HRIS team. This position serves as a technical and functional point of contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities. The HRIS Senior Manager also supports upgrades, testing and other technical projects as assigned. In this critical role you will lead capturing, clarifying and visualizing the full portfolio of HR work. Your project management and HR experience will allow you to role model curiosity and courage to ask the right thoughtful and probing questions that define problems and craft vision. The experience you bring in both the portfolio and project management space enables you to easily partner with and lead teams to identify the right people to drive solutions, determine appropriate project methodologies, facilitate insight-driven prioritization and governance as well as find connections in work to thoughtfully sequence and deliver solutions to our partners and candidates.
This role reports directly to our Head, Global HR Operations and will drive initiatives that align with CAA's overall business strategy.
• Provide support for HCM, including researching and resolving HCM problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
• Manages all HRIS procedures, HRIS training materials, workflows, policies, to ensure process and methodologies are followed.
• Be an authority in developing system configuration solutions, composite documentations; configurations through the development of prototype systems and assist the client in testing the system solution
• Build comprehensive and effective change management strategies to mitigate risk and ensure project execution and sustained success
• Develop project plans in collaboration with sponsors and partners to execute strategic HR initiatives, distribute work among team members (including self, this role will also execute project deliverables), set expectations, and execute on project plans
• Take initiative to establish partnerships and collaborate with key business stakeholders and HR team members to foster teamwork, collaboration, and learning within the HR team, contributing to a positive work environment
• Communicate status updates to appropriate audiences using a consistent cadence and format
• Implement and track project execution to success by driving team milestone completion; identifying and removing process and operational roadblocks; calling out critical decisions to reach alignment
• Own major end-to-end processes and events on a project, take initiative, and use problem solving/critical thinking skills to think beyond the task to the outcome that needs to be achieved
• Build project governance structure including project leadership, project update process/cadence and escalation of critical decisions
• In conjunction with leadership, prioritize conflicting timelines and resource requirements of HR projects
• Establish an audit calendar that captures details on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
• Proactively seek business requirements and scope projects for system requirements, ensuring appropriate timing and resource allocation and availability.
• Partner with assigned Project Manager to create the project plan for system design and development of technical project work streams; effectively conduct and facilitate project team meetings; process/system architecture, configuration, design, and development; and develop test plans and coordinate testing.
• Use broad knowledge of HR and include appropriate SMEs to lead team members resulting in a cohesive and integrated solution
• Facilitate problem-solving activities to define problems, assess current state root causes, design and test solutions, and implement solutions leading to desired outcomes tied to business results
• This role may serve the organization in a supporting, advisory manner in addition to leading and driving projects from initial concept through successful change management and final implementation.
• Process improvements and systems upkeep
• 7 or more years overall in Human Resources and program management experience
• 10+ or more years of functional experience with HRIS HCM, implementation, system architect with HRIS
• Demonstrated success of hands-on experience with Workday implementations
• Requirements gathering and analysis experience (5+ years)
• Demonstrated experience in the delivery of outstanding HR programs
• Proven ability to craft and implement creative HR solutions that drive business results
• Outstanding managerial, leadership and interpersonal skills; high emotional EQ
• Passion for business success through people and people development
• Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
• HR trend watching and curious about new HR practices
• Must be able to handle highly sensitive information and maintain confidences at all times
• Demonstrable track record of effectively interacting with senior management
• Outstanding time management and multi-tasking skills
• Business minded and strategic planner
• Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
• HR Knowledge based on a combination of theory, learning, research and hands-on experiences
• Technical Skills: Workday (preferred), MS Office (including PowerPoint or Keynote), Power BI
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally -recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Department if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.