CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
WHO WE ARECreative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world's leading entertainment and sports agency, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London and Beijing. Founded in 1975, CAA represents many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, theatre, video games, sport, and digital content, and provides a range of strategic marketing and consulting services to corporate clients.
THE DEPARTMENTIn the rapidly expanding digital space, CAA's Digital Media department works with the agency's clients to package and monetize original IP, properties, and projects for digital platforms and distributors. The team forges strategic brand partnerships and content marketing solutions with leading global advertisers. It also represents many of the most accomplished digital endemic talent, including gamers, across all areas of their business, including touring, publishing, television, film, brand partnerships, and licensing. The team also works with AR/VR as a new method of storytelling.
THE ACQUISITIONIn early 2021, Tandem Entertainment was acquired by Creative Artist Agency, allowing CAA to expand its digital media partnerships and branded content offering. Situated in CAA's Digital Media division, we combined our deep relationships, creative strategy expertise and exceptional sales acumen with CAA's access and resources to deliver best in class opportunities for clients.
Through innovative story-telling, Tandem Entertainment delivers strategic and creatively led
partnerships for leading global film studios, content creators, media publishers and celebrities alike. We specialize in connecting brands with consumers through pop culture moments and entertainment-based marketing strategies. With expertise across multiple disciplines, we have the talent, knowledge and relationships necessary to generate the biggest ideas and most compelling partnerships to ensure our clients stand out. We work with a diverse and exciting client portfolio including: Walt Disney Studios, Buzzfeed, Tastemade, ViacomCBS, Constellation Brands, Apple TV+, Rock The Bells and many more.
Tandem is seeking a full-time Designer, Creative & Strategy who is highly-motivated, creative, and entrepreneurial to join our rapidly growing team.
Client Service Roles:
• Manage day-to-day communications with assigned clients.
• Manage scope timelines and deliverable schedule for assigned clients, keeping internal stakeholders up to date on project status and delivery tracking.
• Spearhead creative thinking and design work as needed for assigned projects / clients (includes ideation, copywriting, design work in keynote, illustrator, photoshop, etc.).
• Set internal meetings as needed to track towards client deadlines and projects.
• Present creative and strategy work in client-facing meetings.
Sales Team Support:
• Perform brand research and custom creative ideation for outreach and pitch meetings.
• Design custom presentations for sales efforts.
• Ideate themes, connections and custom partnership activations between brands and media clients.
• Participate in group brainstorms to develop creative angles for brand conversations.
• Serve as lead designer for creative materials and presentations.
• Ideate talent-led branded content concepts as needed throughout the year.
• Develop, update and revamp various department decks as needed (Advisory, Brand, Department, Case Studies, etc.).
• Provide additional creative support as needed.
• Attend department meetings to apply shared knowledge to future creative work, anticipate group needs, and offer up available creative resources.
• Excellent at learning on the fly and willing to push the limits of your abilities for the sake of the team.
• Eager to learn the branded and entertainment industry leaders and to find ways to creatively resonate with these individuals to unlock brand partnership potential.
• Passionate about what's happening in the world of entertainment and excited to find creative ways to activate around what is current and relevant.
• Highly organized, strategically minded, extremely resourceful and an exceptional communicator (both verbal and written).
• Someone with an entrepreneurial mindset and approach to everything they do: self-motivated, resourceful, innovative, forward-thinking, accountable, and committed.
• Highly detailed with some knowledge of marketing and entertainment trends, emerging media, consumer insights and the latest digital/social/mobile/video/interactive technologies and activations.
• Flexible and enthusiastic to work within a fast-moving and ever-changing organization.
• Persistent and calm under pressure.
• 3+ years experience in entertainment, brand marketing, and / or agencies in a design or creative role. Graphic Design degree preferred.
• Ability to engage & communicate effectively with senior level decision-makers.
• Professional level design skills to create and / or update presentation materials as needed with the Adobe Suite of products.
• Experience with creating presentations in Keynote required. Stellar interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills. Desire to bring new thinking and your unique perspective to each project.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.