Department Assistant, Foundation
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The assistant will provide support to the Foundation department. The ideal candidate should be self-driven, quick-thinking and open to working in an environment where he/she/they is capable of performing administrative tasks. The individual should be flexible, highly organized and have the ability to multi-task. Administrative duties include answering phones, coordinating meetings and corporate events, and special projects as needed.
• General clerical and administrative duties including handling phones, managing multiple Executive calendars, expenses, and office management.
• Plan meetings and take notes as needed.
• Assist in the coordination of service days (i.e. City Year Service Day and Principal for a Day) as needed.
• Producing letters, donor communications, graphics, and general copywriting.
• Maintain an awareness of the Executive's obligations (internal and external) in order to proactively assist and/or anticipate needs. This includes a variety of events this executive partakes in each year.
• Minimum of 1+ years of relevant administrative experience (preferably within entertainment and/or philanthropy).
• Ability to work well under pressure, meet tight deadlines, manage multiple projects and expectations, and maintain a sharp focus within a fast-paced environment.
• Attention to detail, ability to work independently, and strong organization skills are a must.
• Strong interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining a strict level of confidentiality with high-profile clients.
• Adept at problem solving, quick thinking, learning new processes, technology, and ability to assimilate oneself and become familiar with existing systems.
• Strong command of Keynote and Microsoft Office suite; in particular, Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Graphic design experience is a plus.
• A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.