Corporate Paralegal/ Assistant - Office Of The General Counsel
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Office of General Counsel is looking for a Corporate Paralegal with a minimum of 5 years' experience. The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Candidates must have the ability to effectively prioritize and organize a substantial amount of work. Additional responsibilities will include administrative duties supporting a very busy Executive in her day to day business and legal duties. Paralegal tasks will vary, but day-to-day responsibilities will include the following:
• Prepare corporate documents/materials.
• Work with lawyers to prepare all documents required to form partnerships and limited liability companies (LLCs) in any state.
• Assist lawyers in the preparation of documentation for amendments, withdrawals, mergers and dissolutions of LLCs.
• Create and maintain corporate minute books.
• Provide lawyers with assistance in the preparation for and closing of various corporate transactions.
• Assisting lawyers with notarization and legalization of documents, including coordinating consular visits and obtaining apostilles under the Hague Convention for the Legalization of Foreign Public Documents for use in the United States and abroad.
• Assist in legal administrative tasks – filing in NetDocuments.
• Manage and draft master sales agreements, NDA's & vendor agreements.
• HCue database management.
• Scheduling meetings and answering calls.
• Minimum 5+ years' experience with formation organization and maintenance of business entities and corporate governance.
• Superior verbal and written communication; excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work well with executives and to respond effectively and quickly to their needs and issues.
• Handle confidential information discreetly and with sensitivity.
• Notary Certificate preferred.
• Paralegal certification.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
CAA is one of the world's leading entertainment and sports agencies. We have a service-oriented collaborative environment. Our standards for dress are professional (i.e. suit & tie for men and appropriate professional clothes for women).
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.