Connect Ventures - Associate
CAALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/3/2023 5:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Search for Connect Ventures - Associate jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Connect Ventures - Associate postings
Full Time Job
Who We Are
Operating at the intersection of culture and commerce, Connect Ventures is a next-generation investment partnership, bringing together two iconic firms, leading entertainment and sports agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA) and global venture capital firm New Enterprise Associates (NEA), working as one team to support founders' visions and accelerate company building. Connect Ventures' collaborative approach unlocks exclusive access to the combined resources and expertise of CAA and NEA, creating a unique competitive advantage for its portfolio companies. Founder-driven and consumer-obsessed, Connect Ventures invests in next wave entrepreneurs, and encourages and facilitates connectivity among the companies in its deeply curated portfolio.
CAA is seeking a Los Angeles-based Associate for a unique and highly visible position at the company. The Associate will play a critical role in evaluating potential investment opportunities in combination with diligencing market opportunities across the consumer, media and entertainment landscape. The position will report to CAA's Head of Connect Ventures and also work closely with CAA's Head of M&A, Head of Strategic Development and President. We seek an Associate who is constantly in the know of new and emerging technology, consumer trends and can help with the creation of business plans and financial models for new startups.
• Researching, sourcing and diligencing new investment opportunities
• Crafting decks and presentations for investors, executive talent and CAA & NEA management
• Constructing financial models to support new business presentations
• Creating and presenting investment and strategy memos
• Sourcing management on behalf of portfolio companies
• Assisting portfolio companies with operations and other critical tasks
• Negotiating deal terms for new and existing investments
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics or Business Administration preferred, but not required
• 2+ years of work experience in management consulting, venture investing or investment banking
• Interest in the media, entertainment and technology space and a passion to learn
• Independent thinker with a point of view on the risks and rewards of new investment opportunities and strategic initiatives
• Innate problem solver and can troubleshoot independently
• Polished oral and written communication skills
• Professional with clients and prospective business partners
• Collaborative and can cross-pollinate in a corporate environment
• Attention to detail in all deliverables
• Strong work ethic with a high level of responsiveness
• Ability to manage deadlines with a high level of responsibility and autonomy
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally - recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
CAA maintains a fully-vaccinated environment, for the safety and health of employees and guests, to the extent allowed by local law. Where permitted, all CAA employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any waiting periods) and provide approved documentation when: 1) working in or visiting any CAA office; 2) attending any CAA company events, whether in the office or not; or 3) meeting with clients at any location. CAA also expects that all employees will take responsibility for maintaining optimal vaccine levels; for instance, this may include receiving boosters for which they are eligible. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a religious belief, CAA will consider your accommodation request. The Company's policies in this regard may be updated from time to time, as pandemic/endemic conditions and local laws evolve.