CAA Icon - Project Director
Full Time Job
A division of leading entertainment and sports agency Creative Artists Agency (CAA), CAA ICON is the world's-leading owners representative and strategic management consulting firm for public and private sports and entertainment facility owners/operators, professional franchises, and leagues. With more than 55 sports, entertainment, and public assembly projects and over 2,000 consulting engagements, CAA ICON has managed the development of many of the most successful venues around the world, spanning 11 professional sports leagues, totaling nearly $40 billion. CAA ICON offers world-class service in the areas of project management, strategic advisory, feasibility and planning, and beyond.
Reporting directly to the Project Executive assigned to the project, you will manage the day-to-day project implementation by CAA ICON with the Senior Project Field Manager, including direct management of staff including but not limited to the Project Controls Manager Project Field Manager(s), Project Coordinator(s) and interns.
• Manage project design, construction, and other Owner direct contracts on behalf of the client, typically including the architect's agreement, construction contract, and consultants such as traffic study, survey, geotechnical, third-party testing, and FFE.
• Track Project Budget and Schedule compliance.
• Conduct regular meetings with the Client's representative(s) on the status of the Project Budget and Schedule, including any pending issues that may impact either. Prepare and obtain Client signoff on approval letters reflecting any changes to the Project Budget, Schedule, and Program.
• Establish solid working protocol with the ICON staff as well as the staff of the design team, construction team, and other key consultants and project stakeholders.
• Assure a positive working environment for the entire Project Team to mitigate issues that might interfere with the ability of the Project to be successful.
• When appropriate develop and manage the Project Team in a Value Engineering (VE) process and monitor the incorporation of agreed-upon VE items into the contract documents and the final design documents. Assure that proper logs are kept for reference and guidance.
• Ensure that a comprehensive monthly report is prepared and submitted in a timely fashion. Confirm form and content of such report with the Client.
• Assist the Project Executive in finalizing the construction costs, including the review and negotiation of the Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP) for the Project.
• Develop and manage the RFP process for sub-consultants and vendors
• Establish and attend regular Owner / Architect / Contractor meetings for the project pertaining to monitoring schedule, submittals, and RFIs, Change Order review, and quality control.
• Manage the work of the design team to ensure that the team is focused on their task and making the necessary commitment to achieve the predetermined delivery dates, scope, and budget with high-quality work product.
• Oversee and monitor the daily progress of actual construction and quality control on the job site.
• Monitor and track the use of any allowances or contingencies, whether used by the contractor and/or the Client.
• Analyze all change order requests and additional service requests. Respond in a timely fashion to delay notices, time extension requests, and submitted change orders and/or additional service requests. Engage others as required to understand the change and its cost implications in order to negotiate terms and conditions with the contractor and/or design team before the work is performed.
• Establish a protocol for review and approval of the contractor's monthly pay application.
• Monitor the status of construction submittals, both when received from the contractor and returned by the design team.
• Establish the final listing of necessary FFE equipment and products and develop a schedule for procurement, delivery, and installation, as required.
• Assist the Client in obtaining necessary government and league approvals, permits, entitlements, etc. Monitor the contractor's progress in obtaining a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy (TCO) and final Certificate of Occupancy (CO).
• Help facilitate the commissioning of the new venue.
• Monitor the ICON staff with respect to workload and capabilities. Assure that ICON staff has appropriate office space on site to work efficiently and within an environment suitable for our employees.
Required Experience & Education
• Bachelor's degree in construction, engineering, architecture, or real estate or 10+ year's relevant experience in the construction or a related services industry
• Familiarity with the Construction Specifications Institute (''CSI'') Division structure, construction change orders and like documents, budget formats, and architectural/engineering plans
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including the use of complex functions, various formatting techniques, database sorting/filtering, and overall creativity when assembling, analyzing, and presenting data
• Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
• Multi-tasking and the ability to problem solve and master new concepts in a short period of time.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project preferred.
• Detail-oriented, organized in thought, process, and action as well as creative, analytical, and collaborative.
• Travel as required to meet the needs of the project.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, an employee's or their dependent's reproductive health decision making (e.g., the decision to use or access a particular drug, device or medical service), or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.