Full Time Job
Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world's top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
For more than 30 years, CAA Brand Management has helped brands of all shapes and sizes show up in new consumer product categories, experiences and territories, through licensing, strategic partnerships and joint ventures. CAA Brand Management is a division of Creative Artists Agency (CAA). Together we represent many of the most successful global brands and professionals working in television, film, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content. We also provide a range of strategic and marketing consulting services to corporate clients.
CAA Brand Management is currently seeking someone who can juggle multiple projects and thrives in a changing, fast-paced, commercial and creative environment. Reporting into the Brand Director, this position is primarily focused on the Brand and Client Management, supporting the Brand Director in the building, implementation and management of the brand extension strategy to drive high revenue partnerships.
Developing strong relationship with the brand owners and with all functions of the business: business development, business affairs/legal, finance, product development etc.
(Based on our four performance management competency areas)
Strategy & Innovation:
• Bring knowledge and experience of the licensing industry
• Develop strategic recommendations and implement plans for new business
• Research and share insights on retail analysis, trends and trade performance
• Research and share innovative brand, retail and category extension strategies
• Bring and build strong knowledge within all licensing categories, and achieve 'category expert' status within key strategic categories
• Drive long term, high revenue partnerships
• Strategic planning and implementation of the brand extension process across all business functions
• Strategic planning and implementation of retail programs globally, interacting with internal teams, retailers, licensees and brand owner
Operations & Results:
• Develop, implement and manage efficient processes for the business development and program management of the brand, aligned with the brands' objectives
• Ensure all payments and reports are up to date and obtained within clients and internal deadlines, working closely with the commercial and finance teams
• Summarise existing key licensees' performance across all categories, analyse sales reports, establish forecasts and make relevant adjustments with our partners/commercial teams to ensure the client's yearly budgets and KPIs are met.
• Create brand decks, sales tools, point of view documents working either independently or with the creative and strategy teams
• Support with contract negotiation with licensees & distributor to maximise royalty revenue and ensure brand objectives & requirements are met
• Work with all the region heads to collate necessary information for monthly update meetings with Brand owners or any other brand owners specific request
• Support, and in some cases own the management (commercial, product development, marketing) of Licensees
• Work to maximise the sales and earned revenue potential of the licensing categories across all markets, covering a wide portfolio of partners & products
• Support the management of Brands to help drive strategy and brand knowledge to the local CAA sales teams
Customers & Relationships:
• Support the Brand Director in the management of the Brands
• Build and nurture strong and trusting long term and professional relationships with brand owners, internal stakeholders and licensees - Client first mentality
• Be the interface between the Brand Owners and the business development teams and other internal stakeholders
• Build, nurture and manage partnerships, both new and existing for all specified brands.
• Ensure brand information is communicated internally efficiently to help aid sales teams
Leadership & Teams:
• Build, nurture and manage close and professional working relationships across all project teams to deliver successful brand extension programmes
• Collaborate with all sales and leadership teams
• Inspire and motivate all internal teams with a positive outlook and solution-driven approach
• Support the business development teams by providing clear strategic directions, and necessary tools for finding new licensees in line with the brand owner's objectives
• Collaborate with the sales teams to ensure strategy and commercial approach is applied throughout new deals and to aid the Brand owner
• Support the product development teams by ensure processes and creative tools/assets are available
• Collaborate with product development teams to ensure the Brand creative strategy is applied throughout the programme
• Coordinate the financial and contractual execution with the Finance and business affairs teams
• Build, nurture and manage partnerships, both new and existing for all specified brands
• Solid experience working in a brand management/business development role within the licensing industry.
• Strong knowledge and experience of the licensing industry, consumer products and distribution, ideally within an international/global environment
• Experience of working within a complex matrix environment and with key stakeholders across seniority levels and cultural backgrounds
• Able to work under pressure and meet short deadlines
• Have a keen eye for detail and excellent organisational skills
• Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise workload
• Solid presentation, communication, networking and influencing skills
• Sharp financial and commercial acumen & ability to analyse data & construct practical conclusions/recommendations
• Team player with a positive can-do attitude and solution orientated style
• Basic computer skills: MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint