Brand Management - Business Development Manager
CAANew York, NY
Full Time Job
Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, licensing, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations.
CAA Brand Management is the world's premier brand extension and management platform. With 20 offices in 16 Countries, we execute brand extension programs by coupling our deep commercial relationships with in-house strategy & design resources to deliver innovative deal structures to achieve our clients' objectives. Clients include many of the world's leading brands and talent, including Budweiser, Ford, Riot Games, Formula1, Porsche, and Playboy
Purpose of the Job
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who can juggle multiple projects and thrives in a changing, fast-paced, commercial and creative environment. The candidate must be a self-starting business developer, committed and highly motivated in delivering relationships as well as implementing the licensing strategy for the North America portfolio of Brands.
They will have the ability to pitch and negotiate with key manufactures and retailer, as well as displaying a 'can do' attitude to working across all business functions both internal and external stakeholders.
Generate Qualified Leads
• Learn and understand CAA brand strategies
• Research the market to identify new clients aligned to the brand strategies across all categories
• Identify key contacts and decisions makers within target companies and build relationship via cold calling, emailing outreach and other means as necessary.
Build & Manage Sales Pipeline:
• Consistently drive prospects into leads through high-volume outbound sales activity.
• Conduct detailed research to understand the prospects interest's and capabilities.
• Collaborate with wider business to develop pitch decks which clearly align the brand value proposition with prospect's interests and capabilities.
Operations and Results
• Lead and manage efficient and productive negotiations of deal terms, taking full ownership of the deal process.
• Share insights on analysis, trend and trade performance
• Track activity consistently and accurately within Hubspot
• Run productive and goal-oriented deal processes
• Prepare accurate sales forecasts
• Prepare and present reports of sales performance as required
• 3 to 5 years' experience in the licensing industry
• Existing network of contacts (including key retailers) across multiple sectors within assigned market
• Proven track record of closing deals and growing partnerships across multiple sectors
• Accomplished communicator; you're great on the phone, video-call, email and in-person
• Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
• A confident and successful negotiator who can creatively develop new business ideas
• Experience of working with businesses and key decision makers across multiple categories
• Strong attention to detail, exceptional organization and time-management skills.
• Target driven and capacity to work in a fast-paced environment whilst prioritizing workload; you're comfortable with substantial cold-calling and outreach activity.
• Self-starter with a positive can-do approach and solution orientated style
• Team player, supportive of colleagues and management to achieve team goals
Compensation: The annual base salary for this position is in the range of $65,000 - $85,000. This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy or any other legally - recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
CAA maintains a fully-vaccinated environment, for the safety and health of employees and guests, to the extent allowed by local law. Where permitted, all CAA employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any waiting periods) and provide approved documentation when: 1) working in or visiting any CAA office; 2) attending any CAA company events, whether in the office or not; or 3) meeting with clients at any location. CAA also expects that all employees will take responsibility for maintaining optimal vaccine levels; for instance, this may include receiving boosters for which they are eligible. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or a religious belief, CAA will consider your accommodation request. The Company's policies in this regard may be updated from time to time, as pandemic/endemic conditions and local laws evolve.