Brand Consulting - Account Director
CAANew York, NY
Full Time Job
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, licensing, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA's diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations.
The CAA Brand Consulting Account Director will play a leadership role in one of our largest Brand Consulting clients, a financial services company. The Director will help develop and lead the strategic vision, management, negotiation and activation of marquee sports and entertainment properties in the brands portfolio. The candidate will lead interfacing day to day with the client, manage junior team members and will work cross-functionally with internal/external vendors, clients and agencies.
• Develop and deliver overarching strategic vision based on brand objectives for existing and new sports and entertainment partnerships
• Identify solutions in the sports & entertainment marketing partnership marketplace
• Senior oversight of existing marquee sports and entertainment partnerships including day to day communication directly with properties
• Develop and deliver compelling written and verbal communications
• Lead overall planning of campaigns, events and activations, working with internal account team, client team and external agencies
• Develop integrated marketing and sponsorship activation plans, showcasing how digital, social, PR, retail and other channels come to life
• Develop & oversee execution of property-specific programs, contractual assets, promotions & experiential activations
• Lead recommendation, negotiation and management of talent deals
• Oversee & facilitate the creative development process of marketing materials, experiential assets and event-related creative (includes briefing designers & obtaining internal & client approvals)
• Act as quarterback to lead integrated agency team as requested by clients, working collaboratively with other agencies including brand, media, PR to develop comprehensive activation plans
• Work with CAA Data & Analytics to oversee the management of brand portfolio measurement evaluation including drafting annual scorecard, working with vendors on data inputs and analyzing performance
• Work with other team functions (e.g. Creative, Experiential, Social Impact, Insights / trends, etc.) to ensure goals and objectives are met
• Manage and train junior staff members
• Create presentations for key meetings internally and externally
• Track activation budgets with accountability for reporting
• Develop relationships across CAA to find and promote new opportunities to client
• Help grow CAA Brand Consulting network and visibility by attending conferences, CAA events, and functions
• Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience
• 7 + years experience in sports & entertainment consulting environment
• Established relationships with properties and entities in the sports & entertainment marketing world
• Best-in-class client servicing and relationship-building
• Project management and big-picture thinking abilities while also being creative
• Strong negotiation skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Excel & PowerPoint
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to ''think on one's feet'' in a fast-paced, agency environment
• Ability to balance and progress multiple projects and project components at one time, on tight timelines
• Ability to travel and attend work events outside normal business hours on an as needed basis
• Strong organization skills
This role will be based out of our New York City office Tuesday - Thursday, with the flexibility to work remotely Monday & Friday
The annual base salary for this position is in the range of $100,000 - $165,000. This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, the salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, an employee's or their dependent's reproductive health decision making (e.g., the decision to use or access a particular drug, device or medical service), or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.