Book Publishing - Assistant
CAANew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/19/2023 11:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Search for Book Publishing - Assistant jobs in New York-NY
Search all Book Publishing - Assistant postings
Full Time Job
Who we are
CAA is seeking an assistant to support an Agent in our Book Publishing department. CAA Book Publishing represents award-winning and bestselling storytellers across a wide range of disciplines, including fiction, non-fiction, biographies, memoirs, cookbooks, children's books, and more. Our authors include media personalities, musicians, actors, political figures, trendsetters, and more.
• Provide administrative support, including heavy phones, coordinating meetings, schedules and travel, preparing expense reports, and producing correspondence
• Serve as first point of contact with clients and external constituents
• Assist with special projects, research, and compiling information as needed
• Read manuscripts and provide a point of view on the stories being told
• Assist in client billing and accounting needs
• Stay up to date on the publishing landscape, popular culture, entertainment, sports, and politics
• Liaise with internal colleagues and be an interdepartmental resource
• BA/BS from an accredited University or College preferred
• At least 1 year of relevant administrative experience within the entertainment, media, publishing industry, prior talent agency experience a plus
• Outgoing, creative thinker, with strong interest or knowledge of popular culture and book publishing
• Excellent phone demeanor
• Ability to stay ''one step ahead'' at all times
• Detail-oriented and extremely organized
• Adept at problem solving and thinking quick on his/her feet
• Ability to perform well under pressure
• Team oriented
• On-site in New York, NY
• The base hourly rate for this position is $22.00. This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, wages may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Please provide complete and legible information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for employment.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the ''Company'') is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, an employee's or their dependent's reproductive health decision making (e.g., the decision to use or access a particular drug, device or medical service), or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.