Assistant, Video Games
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the world's leading entertainment and sports agency, with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London and Beijing. Founded in 1975, CAA represents many of the most successful professionals working in film, television, music, theatre, video games, sports, and digital content, and provides a range of strategic marketing and consulting services to corporate clients.
CAA Video Games represents the leading developers, creators, and influencers in the interactive industry. Our talent is responsible for Minecraft, Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Evolve, & South Park, among others. The team's expertise is in augmenting the business development capabilities of games studios, publishers, and teams by providing consulting and deal-making services, from ideation to launch of a title or initiative, across all aspects of production, marketing, and execution.
CAA is seeking an Assistant to support an agent within its Video Games department. The ideal candidate should have a true passion and interest in the video games world and the business behind the games industry. The individual should possess a familiarity with game consoles, systems, platforms, and genres. This position works hand in hand and supports a video game agent that also works on crossover projects with other departments across the agency including Film, Television, Sports and Business Development.
• Administrative duties including handling heavy phones, calendar management, scheduling travel, booking reports, preparing expense reports, and general office management tasks
• Serve as first point of contact with clients, Agents and studio Executives
• Track and meticulously maintain grids of current and prospective clients, deals and execute excellent follow-up and follow through
• Assist with special projects, research and compile information, as needed
• Producing correspondence, special projects and pitch materials
• Sustaining a current and historical knowledge of world trends in all aspects of digital media with an emphasis on video games
• 10+ months of administrative assistant experience
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite , especially Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Teams
• Familiarity with most cloud service providers
• Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines; manage multiple projects and expectations; and maintain a sharp focus while managing competing priorities
• Must have a passion for video games and an aptitude of curiosity when it comes to the digital media landscape; eager to understand emerging technology as it relates to storytelling and content
• Positive, forward-thinking, can-do attitude
• Attention to detail, meticulous organization and problem solving skills are a must
• Strong interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality
• Polished written and verbal communication is a must to be successful in this role
• Ability to work with limited supervision and adjust easily to changing priorities
• Team oriented and able to communicate and collaborate with employees at all levels
• Adept at quickly learning new processes, technology, and ability to assimilate oneself and become familiar with existing systems; offer process improvements, as needed
• A background in finance a plus, not required
• BA/BS Degree preferred , not required
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.