Assistant To Book Publishing Agents
CAANew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/1/2021 8:03:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Search for Assistant To Book Publishing Agents jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant To Book Publishing Agents postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant To Book Publishing Agents? Job Description
CAA is seeking an assistant to support two Agents in our Book Publishing department. These Agents work with clients across all departments to create literary opportunities for A-list celebrity talent.
CAA Book Publishing represents award-winning and bestselling storytellers across a wide range of disciplines, including fiction, non-fiction, biographies, memoirs, cookbooks, children's books, and more. Our authors include media personalities, musicians, actors, political figures, trendsetters, and more.
• Provide administrative support, including heavy phones, coordinating meetings, schedules and travel, preparing expense reports, and producing correspondence
• Serve as first point of contact with clients and executives and should possess a professional, customer-service attitude
• Assist with special projects, research, and compiling information as needed
• Read manuscripts and create reader's reports
• Stay up to date on the publishing landscape, popular culture, entertainment, sports, and politics
• BA/BS from an accredited University or College preferred
• At least 1 year of relevant administrative experience within the Entertainment Industry, prior talent agency experience a plus
• Outgoing, creative thinker, with strong interest or knowledge of popular culture and book publishing
• Excellent phone demeanor
• Ability to stay ''one step ahead'' at all times
• Detail-oriented and extremely organized
• Adept at problem solving and thinking quick on his/her feet
• Ability to perform well under pressure
• Team oriented
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.