Assistant, Television Scripted Comedy
CAALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/21/2021 4:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Search for Assistant, Television Scripted Comedy jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Assistant, Television Scripted Comedy postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant, Television Scripted Comedy? Job Description
Creative Artists Agency (CAA), is the world's leading full service entertainment, media, and sports agency. We represent many of the most successful professionals working in television, film, music, theater, video games, sports, and digital content. We also provide a range of strategic and marketing consulting services to corporate clients.
We are looking for an Assistant to join our growing TV Talent group. The Assistant will provide support to a senior agent in CAA's Television Talent department, with a focus on Comedy talent. The Assistant will also work cross-departmentally (Motion Picture, TV, Talent, Literary, etc.) as the agent is heavily involved in packaging opportunities for clients. The ideal candidate will have a passion for artist representation in the entertainment business, in particular, comedy, and is constantly attending comedy shows to find up and coming talent. Additionally, the Assistant is administratively capable of handling a high volume of tasks with ability to clearly communicate with agent, clients, peers, etc. Growth opportunities exist for top performers.
CAA clients create, executive produce, direct, or star in many of the most popular shows on television. CAA television writer, producer, and actor clients work on network, cable, and streaming series, children's and animated programs, late-night shows, made-for-television movies, reality series, and numerous other U.S. and international television properties. CAA also represents high-profile news talent, hosts, sports broadcasters, and other media personalities.
Administrative duties including handling heavy phones, calendar management, scheduling travel, booking reports, preparing expense reports, and general office management tasks. Serve as first point of contact with clients and executives. Track clients and potential clients. Assist with special projects, research, and compiling information as needed. Attend comedy shows and research up and coming comedic talent. This role will be supporting two agents.
• 1+ years of talent agency and/or management experience a plus; interest in comedy preferred.
• Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines; manage multiple projects and expectations; maintain a sharp focus while managing competing priorities.
• Attention to detail, follow-up, and strong organization skills are a requirement.
• Strong interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with employees at all levels.
• Adept at quickly learning new processes, technology, and ability to assimilate oneself and become familiar with existing systems.
• Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite.
• Education: BA/BS from an accredited University or College preferred.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.