Assistant, Television Business Affairs
CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Who We Are
CAA represents many of the most influential creators, performers, athletes, and brands around the world. From Academy Award-winning directors to franchise players to new media startups, clients rely on CAA to represent their interests, provide expert guidance, and create new opportunities.
Founded in 1975, CAA has offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, Munich, Beijing, and beyond. Our employees come from a variety of backgrounds, but all share an entrepreneurial mindset and the belief that a respectful, collegial work environment is a prerequisite for success.
CAA is a service-driven organization. We serve our clients in teams, ensuring that they benefit from the expertise and connections we offer across the entire company. We also believe that this collaborative approach makes CAA a better place to work
We are currently seeking an assistant to support an executive in the Television Business Affairs department. The position offers an opportunity to learn about business affairs, work with industry executives and lawyers, as well as, gain exposure to entertainment law. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, possessing a desire to gain exposure to the business and legal aspects of the entertainment industry.
• Efficiently support an executive responsible for negotiating deals for writing, directing, acting and producing clients in scripted and non-scripted television
• General clerical and administrative duties including letter drafting, filing, handling phones, managing calendars, scheduling, expenses, and office management
• Editing, proofreading, summarizing and redlining agreements and correspondence under the supervision of the executive
• Depending on skill, educational level and motivation to learn, assistant will gain experience drafting and commenting on agreements
• Maintain an awareness of the executive's obligations in order to proactively assist and/or anticipate needs
• At least 1+ years of Administrative Assistant experience at a talent agency, management company, studio and/or entertainment law firm
• Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines; manage multiple projects and expectations; and maintain a sharp focus while managing competing priorities
• Attention to detail and strong organization skills are a must
• Strong interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality
• Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite and in particular Word, Excel & PowerPoint
• Adept at quickly learning new processes and technology
• Familiarity with film, television or other entertainment contracts is preferred, but not required
• A JD or pursuing a JD is preferred
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.