Assistant, Television Business Affairs
CAALos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/1/2020 6:03:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Agency/Management Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Assistant, Television Business Affairs jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Assistant, Television Business Affairs postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant, Television Business Affairs? Job Description
We are currently seeking an assistant to support an executive in the Television Business Affairs department. The position offers an opportunity to learn about business affairs, work with industry executives and lawyers, as well as, gain exposure to entertainment law. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, possessing a desire to gain exposure to the business and legal aspects of the entertainment industry.
• Efficiently support an executive responsible for negotiating deals for writing, directing, acting and producing clients in scripted and non-scripted television.
• General clerical and administrative duties including letter drafting, filing, handling phones, managing calendars, scheduling, expenses, and office management.
• Editing, proofreading, summarizing and redlining agreements and correspondence under the supervision of the executive.
• Depending on skill, educational level and motivation to learn, assistant will gain experience drafting and commenting on agreements.
• Maintain an awareness of the executive's obligations in order to proactively assist and/or anticipate needs.
• At least 1+ years of Administrative Assistant experience at a talent agency, management company, studio and/or entertainment law firm.
• Ability to work well under pressure; meet tight deadlines; manage multiple projects and expectations; and maintain a sharp focus while managing competing priorities.
• Attention to detail and strong organization skills are a must.
• Strong interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality
• Strong command of the Microsoft Office suite and in particular Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
• Adept at quickly learning new processes and technology.
• Familiarity with film, television or other entertainment contracts is preferred, but not required.
• A JD or pursuing a JD is preferred.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.