CAALos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Our Speakers Agents and Executives connect Actors, Directors, Coaches, Athletes, Politicians, Influencers, CEOs and Thought Leaders with strategic storytelling opportunities. CAA clients deliver compelling and often personally relevant messages at business conferences, political and social justice forums, commencement ceremonies and myriad other dynamic events. These speaking engagements are designed to enlighten and inspire, with topics including business, contemporary culture, media, wellness and inspiration, tech, and the arts and entertainment. CAA Speakers is an expanding department with long-term opportunities for those who are interested in working with various types of clients across the Agency.
CAA is seeking an Assistant to support an agent in the Speakers department. The ideal candidate should have a true passion and interest in serving talent clients throughout the entertainment industry, with a curiosity for a range of fields and topics in the public sphere.
The ideal candidate should be attentive to detail, proactive and solution-oriented.
• Administrative duties including handling heavy email, phones, calendar management, scheduling travel, booking reports, preparing expense reports, and general office management tasks
• Review, write up and send out offers to clients, ensuring all pertinent information is included
• Serve as first point of contact with clients, agents, and buyers
• Track and meticulously maintain grids of deals, execute excellent follow through
• Assist with special projects, research, and compile information as needed
• 10+ months of administrative assistant experience
• Have a keen interest in working with talent across many industries as it relates to speaking engagements
• Superlative written and verbal communication is a must to be successful in this role
• Strong interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of maintaining confidentiality
• Positive, forward-thinking, can-do attitude
• Team oriented and able to communicate and collaborate with employees at all levels
• Ability to work well under pressure with limited oversight; meet tight deadlines; manage multiple projects and expectations
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Teams
• Attention to detail, meticulous organization and problem solving skills are a must
• Involvement with a campus activities board or programming board a plus
• Experience with in-person and virtual event planning and logistics is helpful, but not required
• BA/BS Degree preferred